EAP245 Guest Wifi with alternate DNS needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-28 17:38:14 - last edited 2022-06-29 10:01:31
Tags: #EAP ACL #Guest Network
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.5

Hi, I've just bought an EAP245 thinking that I could provide a guest wifi like an old tp-link that died in wich I could provide a separate guest network...

I'm fine with the isolation part (Don't like much the same ip range, but it's a trade off) BUT four our local users we have a curated and filtered DNS server... but we need to provide free access to the web to our guests.....

So, How do I Provide a SSID with access to our network for our employees and a guest one with , lets say google ones?

We have an old cisco router and and equally old l2 cisco switch....

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP245 Guest Wifi with alternate DNS needed
2022-06-29 12:21:01

@Slipperyman 

You can first try using EAP's ACL to see if it meets your needs, such as setting a certain SSID to have no way to access the main network.
If you want the devices connected behind different SSIDs to get different subnet IP addresses, then you need to set up VLANs with ACLs, here's a detailed FAQ:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3091/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:EAP245 Guest Wifi with alternate DNS needed
2022-06-29 12:28:40
Hi... Thanks for your answer.... But (besides that I'm mmanaging it as a standalone and no ACL is there to set - I saw it on controller) I've already set that by just setting the guest network as guest.... the point is that I need to provide a different DNS server to the guest SSID... so they can browse Internet without filtering...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 527

Replies: 2

Tags

EAP ACL
Guest Network