Periodic Internet connection failure on one (of three) wifi networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-28 18:42:27
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I'm having an aggrevating problem with the internet connectivity to clients dropping out, but the problem only exists on one of my 3 wifi networks.

First a little background - We have a two sites configured in the Omada software 1) Network A and 2) Network B. Network A and B both connect to the Firewall/Omada Controller with dedicated network interfaces, and aside from that there is no interconnection between them.  They each of their own switches and wired and wireless clients.

Network A works great (It has 3 EAPs and 2 WiFi networks.  No problems at all.

Network B works some of the time (It has 1 EAP and 1 WiFi network), but periodically clients report they can no longer access the Internet (this lasts anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes).  During these 'outages' I can still ping the Omada controller with no issues from the wireless clients, and the WiFi does not disconnect.  They cannot however reach anything beyond the firewall.  Logs on the Firewall show no dropped or rejected packets from Network B.  Wired clients don't exhibit this problem, only Wireless clients. 

I'm completely at a loss as to what could be happening.  The problem has existed in both 4.x and 5.x versions of the Controller.  At this point I'm guessing the controller is getting confused about the 2 sites, and somehow panicking, but the Controller logs don't show anything particuarly interesting either.  My only additional idea at this point is to seperate the controllers for the 2 sites using a VM or Container.  I'm hoping maybe someone has encountered something similiar and has some clue what is going on!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Periodic Internet connection failure on one (of three) wifi networks
2022-06-28 19:51:22

@bfaler  Good afternoon,

I have a similar problem for months and no solution, I created some topics on the forum but without success.

this is the last https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/563462?replyId=1108118

Options
2022-06-28 19:53:00

@bfaler what is your firewall?

Options
2022-06-28 20:22:46

@JacksonC 

It's a netfilter based Linux firewall.  I feel like it has to be related to the Omada controller though, since wired clients on the network don't exhibit the problem.

Options
2022-06-28 20:31:01

@bfaler  se OPNSENSE...

my cabled clients don't have problems either... I'm managing the APS individually without the controller and the problem also persists.

Options
2022-06-29 07:36:20

@bfaler 

Would you be able to provide some more information on what you are seeing or how this is setup (connections, firmware versions etc).  Any screenshots would also help.

What is the currently version of your controller?

Based on what @JacksonC said, you could also try using this EAP in standalone mode, is the problem still there?
Is there the advanced setting on the site B side?
How is the network restored after "Outage"? Automatically?
Is there a problem with all wireless clients, including Android and iOS systems?
Are these clients set up with static IPs?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-06-29 12:27:08

@Virgo  Good Morning,

There is no advanced configuration, APS have been reset and are being managed individually....

Connection is automatically restored, device does not run out of IP, it just loses connection to the internet....

Problem happens on Android and iOS...

In this topic I detail a little more the tests that I have already performed, if you can help me.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/563462?replyId=1106808

Options