Heartbeat failure and connection issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-15 04:19:13
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.8

I noticed one of my 225 EAPs had no clients, every so often i would see heartbeat failures but it would recover yet no clients would connect. I ended up rebooting the EAP, which then fixed the heartbeat issue and clients are then able to connect.

This was okay for a day or so but then I noticed even with clients connected the pings were extremely high such as 3000 with a ton of drops, I then went ahead and unplugged the EAP and plugged it back in, it is now okay and pings have returned to normal. 

I've had this happen a few times, that after a few month I need to physically unplug the EAP to get it working correctly, a simple reboot does not work.

Do i have a defective unit?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Heartbeat failure and connection issue
2023-02-15 09:44:08

@johnsnow88 

How far is the distance between EAPs?
How far is the distance between the EAP and the controller?

Try changing different channel and channel width, better to optimize the wireless network environment.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-02-15 12:01:06 - last edited 2023-02-15 14:07:55

@Virgo 

Virgo wrote

@johnsnow88 

How far is the distance between EAPs?

About 30ft, but i have the power set low 

How far is the distance between the EAP and the controller?

All 4 EAPs are about the same length from the controller

Try changing different channel and channel width, better to optimize the wireless network environment.

All EAPs are already optimized for best channels and bandwidth 

See above, I started to get good results with ping for one of my clients but when I checked again after 9 hours I am once again seeing drops and high pings of 3000ms on some tests. It seems the EAP 225 performance is worse than EAP 245 especially on 2.4GHz.

The EAP225 is closer than the EAP245 when taking into account for physical distance, both have 80% or higher signal strength to the client. 

EAP245 with 100 pings to the same client:

Average 9ms 

Max 293ms

EAP225 with 100 pings to the same client:

Average 336ms

Max 1222ms

Options
2023-02-17 05:55:36

@johnsnow88 

For performance, EAP245 may be better than EAP225.

But for 2.4G, in generally, it is hard to say which one is more better.

Check the number 2 in EAP related: Essence Posts Summary (Newbie Must-See)

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-02-18 18:44:04

@Virgo 

Again its not a channel or interference issue, the clients and APs are stationary, the 225 is physically closer to the client. The APs are not that far apart either just different floors but channels do not overlap, I ran the built in scanner to optimally select the best 2.4GHz channel.

I should not be seeing such high pings and poor performance on the 2.4GHz on the 225 while the 245 is working just perfectly. 

At the moment I have just disabled 2.4GHz band on the 225 as it is completely unusable. 

The 5Ghz band has dropped frames are errors as well on the 225, while the 245 has none and i mean 0%.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 401

Replies: 4

Related Articles