Omada Controller stop making periodic speed test

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-10 20:25:27 - last edited 2022-04-15 07:41:40
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

After firmware upgrade omada controller stop making periodic speed test on my wan. Everything is enabled on site tab. I have unplug omada from power to flush config or something but its doesnt work at all. 

I can perform manual speed test but i dont see results on "speed test statistics".

Id like to perform periodic speed test to see how my wan is working all the time.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada Controller stop making periodic speed test -Solution
2022-04-15 07:41:11 - last edited 2022-04-15 07:41:40

Dear @__x6__,

__x6__ wrote

After firmware upgrade omada controller stop making periodic speed test on my wan. Everything is enabled on site tab. I have unplug omada from power to flush config or something but its doesnt work at all. 

I can perform manual speed test but i dont see results on "speed test statistics".

Id like to perform periodic speed test to see how my wan is working all the time.

Sorry to reopen this case. I'd like to update the solution here.

I noticed that the problem you reported above has been fixed in Omada Controller v5.0.30.

If you still have the issue, please ensure your Omada Controller has been updated to v5.0.30 and above version. Cheers!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Omada Controller stop making periodic speed test
2021-08-11 00:39:39 - last edited 2021-08-11 00:41:38

@__x6__ 

I guess you use a hardware controller? What's the version of your controller? Seems V4.4.3 has fixed the speed test issue. But the firmware of OC200/OC300 hasn't been released yet. See this thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/245226

Options
2021-08-11 05:49:29

@Somnus Yes, i use hardware controller OC300. Version 4.3.5. Firmware 1.1.0 Build 20210406 Rel.58776.

Options
2021-08-11 07:33:30

@__x6__ 

You ned this beta in this link to get it to work.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/266210

Options
2021-08-12 07:07:39

Hmmm... thx for help but it start working without any updates and changes on configuration. hm

Options
2021-08-19 04:23:39

Dear @__x6__,

__x6__ wrote

Hmmm... thx for help but it start working without any updates and changes on configuration. hm

It seems that there is some misunderstanding on the Periodic Speed Test.

The  Speed Test Statistics  displays the results of the periodic speed test running on WAN ports. So I'm afraid that the results of manual speed test results won't show on "speed test statistics".

After the Periodic Speed Test is enabled, the controller will test and record the speed of WAN ports periodically, and the specified  Speed Test Interval decides how often to test the speed. 

I assume that the Periodic Speed Test is just configured and the speed hasn't been tested when you check the speed test statistics earlier, so there is nothing. After a period of time, the speed is tested and recorded, so you find the results show on Speed Test Statistics finally.
>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Omada Controller stop making periodic speed test -Solution
2022-04-15 07:41:11 - last edited 2022-04-15 07:41:40

Dear @__x6__,

__x6__ wrote

Sorry to reopen this case. I'd like to update the solution here.

I noticed that the problem you reported above has been fixed in Omada Controller v5.0.30.

If you still have the issue, please ensure your Omada Controller has been updated to v5.0.30 and above version. Cheers!

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-05-23 13:51:21

@Fae This is broken again.  I was on 5.0.30 when I first configured my router and Periodic speed test and it was working.  However, when I upgraded to controller version 5.1.7 the periodic speed tests stopped working.  Running them manually works fine.  I am now on 5.3.1 and it is still no test data.  Any suggestions or know if a fix is coming soon?  I tried disabling the feature for a few days then re-enabling with no luck.  

Thanks

Options
2022-05-24 01:38:52

Dear @guitar1158,

guitar1158 wrote

@Fae This is broken again.  I was on 5.0.30 when I first configured my router and Periodic speed test and it was working.  However, when I upgraded to controller version 5.1.7 the periodic speed tests stopped working.  Running them manually works fine.  I am now on 5.3.1 and it is still no test data.  Any suggestions or know if a fix is coming soon?  I tried disabling the feature for a few days then re-enabling with no luck.  

Please check your WAN DNS settings and confirm whether it's set as the IP address within the LAN subnet. If it is, please re-configure the WAN DNS with a public DNS server like 8.8.8.8. For more details, please check this thread.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1893

Replies: 8

Related Articles