Unstable EAP225-outdoor after migrating from oc200 to software controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-29 13:33:38
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.7

I have an oc200 running 5.1.7 controller connected to 3 APs; EAP245 v3, a EAP225-outdoor, and a EAP650.  All on latest firmware.  The EAP245 and EAP650 are connected to a tp-link POE switch and the EAP225-outdoor is plugged into the supplied POE injector connected directly to a ER7208.

I have been running this setup for a long time and its been rock solid.   I decided to migrated from the oc200 to the latest software controller (5.3.1) running on the latest Proxmox on a Ubuntu 20 container. I used the tp-link guide with JRE 11 and have no firewall running on the container. I followed the directions to set up the software controller and everything went smoothly.

I used the migration assistant to migrate to a new controller. As soon as I migrated, the eap225-outdoor showed up as disconnected but all the others migrated fine. Then it showed up as "owned by others". I was able to adopt it using the login/password I used on the old controller. Then for 2 days, the eap225-outdoor would show as disconnected on and off, and my nest cam would also go down. I also noticed a weird thing where the first time I would try and access the controller from the omada iOS app, the first time I would attempt to login it would always fail, but tapping try again would connect.

I gave up and migrated back to the oc200 and its been stable again.

Any ideas?  Is something wrong with the controller 5.3.1 or was it something with my installation? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Unstable EAP225-outdoor after migrating from oc200 to software controller
2022-06-29 18:50:46

@mackworth Most likely your migration...I thought the rule was you had to migrate from like version to like version.  My suggestion is to rebuild your container but use 5.1.7 which matches your OC200...backup the OC200 config and restore it to the containerized controller.  See if that helps.  If yes, then you can follow the steps to upgrade to a new version in your container.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-06-29 19:00:15

That is on my list of things to try but for some reason I have been unable to get 5.1.7 to install due to some issue with mongo DB, claiming that I don't have the right version.  I need to look into it more because I am using the same steps as 5.3.1.

Options
2022-06-29 19:15:20

@mackworth 

You might have to backup up a version or so in MongoDB.  If you can use Docker, even temporarily, there's a great well maintained docker image (many versions) on the docker hub (I'm currently running the 5.1.7 version from there)...I also have an OC200 (5.1.7) at another site and I'm waiting for the OC200 5.3.x code before I update both.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-06-29 19:18:12

@d0ugmac1 Yeah I am familiar with the docker images.  Maybe I can figure out what version they use, since I am not currently set up to run docker.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 4