Multiple Wifi in Different Sites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-04 18:26:43 - last edited 2022-07-05 02:23:32
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Good afternoon, I have my Wi-Fi networks segmented with their respective VLANs and in all locations I have 4 networks broadcasting, they are 6 different locations and all are controlled by the same omada controller. Currently I have the locations divided into sites with different SSIDs in all but I would like to unify all the SSIDs and create filtered MAC lists controlled by the omada. What should I do to pass all the access points of the different locations to the same SITE? Or is there a different alternative?

Greetings.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Multiple Wifi in Different Sites-Solution
2022-07-05 01:15:59 - last edited 2022-07-05 02:23:32

@AngelrGut  

I think the only way to do what you want is to bring all managed APs into a single Super Site.  That way you can apply the same WiFi profiles to all APs, as well as applying the same MAC ACLs.

It is pretty easy to move APs between different sites on the same controller.  Are you currently using more parts of the Omada solution other than just the APs?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Multiple Wifi in Different Sites-Solution
2022-07-05 01:15:59 - last edited 2022-07-05 02:23:32

@AngelrGut  

I think the only way to do what you want is to bring all managed APs into a single Super Site.  That way you can apply the same WiFi profiles to all APs, as well as applying the same MAC ACLs.

It is pretty easy to move APs between different sites on the same controller.  Are you currently using more parts of the Omada solution other than just the APs?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Multiple Wifi in Different Sites
2022-07-05 02:23:19 - last edited 2022-07-05 02:25:38

@d0ugmac1 

If that's what I thought because I don't see another logical way to do it. If anyone finds an alternative way to do it please post it. Thanks.

Currently only use Access Point and the omada controller.

Options
Re:Multiple Wifi in Different Sites
2022-07-05 12:41:36

@AngelrGut 

I did a little more digging around, and I noticed in the Site pulldown, there is an option for a Site Manager.  This opens a new window with all the sites present on that controller.  At the end of the row, there is an action button that allows you to 'Copy' a site.  In theory you could replicate a master site amongst many smaller sites, but I think once copied, you'd still have to make 'global' changes in every copied version (which is what I think you're trying to avoid).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 3

Related Articles