Speedtest option to test the speed of ISP has disappeared after this firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Speedtest option to test the speed of ISP has disappeared after this firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-18 15:56:43 - last edited 2022-08-08 09:45:20
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.4.6

This option to test the ISP networkspeed has disappeared from the menu.

And also the dashboard repports No Gateway Utilization

And ISP load says also no data.

Before this firware update everything was working yust fine.

Has anyone noticed the same problem and is there a solution?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Speedtest option to test the speed of ISP has disappeared after this firmware update-Solution
2022-08-08 09:14:18 - last edited 2022-08-08 09:45:20

For anyone else facing the same problem, take a look here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/575622

Fae mentioned that: "The Omada Controller v5.4 has removed the periodic speedtest functionality since the service provider of speedtest cannot find a better way to improve the accuracy and performance. The periodic speedtest will be added back once the vendor resolved the issue."

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Speedtest option to test the speed of ISP has disappeared after this firmware update
2022-07-19 02:31:58

Dear @cmcouwenb,

cmcouwenb wrote

This option to test the ISP networkspeed has disappeared from the menu.

And also the dashboard repports No Gateway Utilization

And ISP load says also no data.

Please ensure that your Omada Router is in "Connected" state on your controller first.

Then find the option to test the speed as below.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Speedtest option to test the speed of ISP has disappeared after this firmware update
2022-07-20 17:18:30

@Fae 

The VPN router is connected.

And ISPload is registred.

I have also upgraded the VPN router firmware

And the mobile app is still showing the ISP speed like before.

So I don't understand why speedtest is not in the menu anymore everything seems in order.

And also everything was working before the software upgrades.

Options
2022-08-08 04:27:51

I'm facing the same issue, with controller version 5.4.6. The previous version I had (5.1.x) was fine.

Options
2022-08-08 06:55:07

@lexam 

With the directions from Fea I discovered that speedtest has changed. 
It is possible to do a one-time speed test. Then you have to process the data in the gateway. 
Once entered the data you wil see what the load of the gateway is.
So the option to run speedtest regularly is no longer there. And now you have to manually enter the ISP performance. 

@Fea
I would like to see the option from the previous versions to come back.
I don't like manual actions.

Options
Re:Speedtest option to test the speed of ISP has disappeared after this firmware update-Solution
2022-08-08 09:14:18 - last edited 2022-08-08 09:45:20

For anyone else facing the same problem, take a look here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/575622

Fae mentioned that: "The Omada Controller v5.4 has removed the periodic speedtest functionality since the service provider of speedtest cannot find a better way to improve the accuracy and performance. The periodic speedtest will be added back once the vendor resolved the issue."

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 953

Replies: 5

Related Articles