How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet

How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet

30 Reply
Re:How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router to Starlink Internet
2023-04-02 01:11:02

Kevin_Z wrote

dlbott wrote

@3_15 Hi, I have been trying to get support to setup starlink gen2 with the tp link ax1800. I am ready to take it back for lack of support.

access mode is not what I have a high tech wifi6 router for....

i need help doing it right and getting my lan computers working properly and talking to each other and using the router for the things I bought it for, like security...

please help

don

@dlbott 

Hello Don, when connecting the AX1800 to the Starlink Gen 2, please follow the steps in my original post of this thread, that you need to connect the AX1800

’s WAN Port to the Starlink Ethernet Adapter, enable “Bypass Mode on the Starlink Gen-2 Via the Starlink Application, then access the TP-Link admin web UI (www.tplinkwifi.net), go to Advanced > Network > Internet page, and choose Dynamic IP, you should be able to connect to the internet.

If still doesn't work, I would suggest contacting our tech support via Hotline, they will be happy to help configure the router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

@Kevin_Z 

Options
Re:How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet
2023-04-10 08:33:23

@Kevin_Z thank you!!!

Options
Re:How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet
2023-05-11 08:43:30

@MarcusTuck same issue here.  AX50 keeps dropping the connection.

Options
Re:How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router to Starlink Internet
2023-06-22 13:57:07

@3_15 

Options
2023-09-28 10:56:16

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I have recently been experiencing major stability issues with my StarLink to Archer C80 set up. Using Starlink's bypass mode this was previously stable. At the same time I have been adding C80 EasyMesh satellite routers via ethernet cable with latest available firmware. Devices are occasionally showing IP conflicts.

Might this be on the Tp-Link side vs Starlink side? 

I have disconnected TP-Link system and it so far seems more stable .... perhaps I'll need to switch out the C80s for network switches?

Please advise.

Thank you

Options
2023-09-28 12:23:33
Update.. 1. Put StarLink in Bypass mode 2. Switch ON the main C80 route 3. Switch OFF the 2 EasyMesh C80 satellite routers >> apparently stable system . Internet working at expected speeds. 4. Switch ON the 2 EasyMesh C80 satellite routers >> unstable system. internet crashes so this suggests the EasyMesh satellite issue One of the C80 satelites is on the most recent fimware (as in the main C80) . the other is on the last but one version.. for some reason it will not update
Options
2023-09-28 14:57:45

@MarkRB another update..

StarLink has tested my StarLink remotely and suspects there may be a fault.. has offered to send replacement router and cable . Will keep you posted.

Options
2023-09-28 15:04:44
Thanks .. see later I have been experiencing problems too.. Can you explain to a layman why having a switch between the Starlink router and the TP-Link router helps?
Options
2023-10-07 07:31:36

MarkRB wrote

Thanks .. see later I have been experiencing problems too.. Can you explain to a layman why having a switch between the Starlink router and the TP-Link router helps?

@MarkRB Are you referring to the solution 3 I provided in this thread? I believe you're discussing a different case from the one I mentioned in the linked thread. In that thread, some specific models won't be able to connect to the internet when leaving the negotiation speed as Auto on the AX6000 or AX11000, and that's why we suggest connecting a switch between the Starlink and the AX6000/AX11000.

Regarding your inquiry, are you saying the internet is pretty stable when only one main Archer C80 connects to the Starlink router, and the internet becomes unstable when you add 2 satellite C80s via EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul? If that is the case, can you please help verify some more details, which will help locate the issue precisely?

1. When the internet becomes unstable and crashes, can you please confirm the specific behaviors on the client devices that connect to the C80's network, are they all disconnecting from the internet and failing to receive valid IP addresses from the network?

2. Will you still be able to access the web GUI of the main C80 at that time? If yes, please confirm if the two satellite C80s are still showing up correctly under the EasyMesh device list, and what are their status. Please show us some screenshots if possible.

Please refer to this thread and the specific steps to configure EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, make sure all configurations are correct:

How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

Options
2024-01-05 05:48:15
There's now WAN option in Static Routing but instead "ipoe_1_d" and "LAN" dont know what is that
Options