How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

2023-08-29 10:02:59 - last edited 2023-11-02 06:32:35

Introduction

Building a robust and efficient EasyMesh network with Ethernet Backhaul is a great way to enhance your home Wi-Fi experience. In this article, we will guide you through the process of setting up an Ethernet Backhaul using two EasyMesh routers.

Please note that the Ethernet Backhaul only works when both your main router and satellite router support EasyMesh Ethernet backhaul. For TP-Link routers that already support Ethernet Backhaul, please refer to this thread: EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

If your router doesn't support it at this moment, please pay attention to the firmware release note if you receive any new firmware update for your router to confirm if Ethernet Backhaul is added or not.

Configuration Guide

Scenario 1: Change wireless backhaul to Ethernet backhaul

If both the main router and satellite router are already in an EasyMesh network via wireless backhaul, and the firmware that supports Ethernet backhaul has been installed, you could directly connect the main router’s LAN port to any Ethernet port of the satellite via an Ethernet cable to use Ethernet backhaul.

Scenario 2: Add a new satellite router to EasyMesh

At this point, please don’t configure the satellite and make sure it is under factory mode at first, if it was configured before, please reset the satellite router to factory defaults first. 
Then connect your main router’s LAN port to the satellite’s LAN port via an Ethernet cable.

Tips

1. When adding a new router to EasyMesh, please use the satellite router’s LAN port as the backhaul port. After EasyMesh is built, all the ports on the satellite router (WAN, LAN, WAN/LAN) are available for Ethernet backhaul.
2. As long as the Ethernet backhaul is built successfully, the wireless backhaul will disconnect automatically. Similarly, if the Ethernet backhaul is disconnected for some reasons, devices will rebuild the mesh network via the wireless backhaul.

How to confirm whether Ethernet Backhaul is working or not?

Please login the web interface of the main router and go to EasyMesh page, you will be able to see the Connection of each satellite device, and Ethernet icon means it is connected via Ethernet Backhaul.
If it still shows wireless icon, please check if the Ethernet cable is functioning and connected correctly or not.

Related Articles

What is EasyMesh?
What is Wi-Fi EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers-Solution
2023-11-02 06:32:24 - last edited 2023-11-02 06:32:35

@VenDimitrov   @AIpatii   @ChrisBS 

Happy News!

We have provided public beta firmware for Archer AX55 V1, which introduces several exciting new functions and improvements to enhance your experience including Ethernet BackhaulEasyMesh in AP modeSatellite Router ManagementDoH&DoTECO Mode, etc.

Please visit the following thread to learn more about these new features, and do let us know if there is anything that comes up with the new beta:

Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More

We encourage you to try out this beta firmware and take advantage of the following features. Leave your comment or ask questions in the about topic. Your feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Related Articles:

Product List of Wi-Fi Routers that Support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul

Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers?
2023-08-30 13:39:32

@Sunshine When will it be available on AX55

Options
2023-08-31 05:50:54

AIpatii wrote

@Sunshine When will it be available on AX55

@AIpatii Hi, we don't have specific information about AX55 firmware with Ethernet Backhaul, please pay attention to any new firmware update via Web Gui or official website, if there is any new firmware available, we will also update on this thread: EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

Options
2023-09-11 03:58:50

@Sunshine 

I know you don't have specific information. But can you collect some information from TOP or ask developers or someone who can answer?  Soon will be one year after you provide easymesh wireless for AX55 v1. I have two AX55 I want already upgrade my network space.. not wait for fake promises and wasting time. Will be or not? If not i will sell devices and buy something else. 

Options
2023-09-12 12:11:07

@Sunshine Hi, I'm waiting for update Archer AX12 to work in EasyMesh witsupport Ethernet Backhaul...

Options
2023-09-26 07:55:48

@Sunshine 

9 months from the announcement of "Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers" for some models by @Kevin_Z  . Has TP-Link given up on this technology? The rest of the customers who bought models with Easy Mesh will be missing out and I guess they will be disappointed with the brand. Is this some kind of discrimination? How were the models chosen for which to have this technology and those for which to miss out? I have two AX55 routers too, working in AP mode with two different wi-fi network names. AX55 is higher class from C80, A8, C64, A64, C86, C6, A6 and C59. So I should sell my two AX55 routers and buy lower class to use Ethernet Backhaul EasyMesh?

Options
Re:How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers-Solution
2023-11-02 06:32:24 - last edited 2023-11-02 06:32:35

@VenDimitrov   @AIpatii   @ChrisBS 

Happy News!

We have provided public beta firmware for Archer AX55 V1, which introduces several exciting new functions and improvements to enhance your experience including Ethernet BackhaulEasyMesh in AP modeSatellite Router ManagementDoH&DoTECO Mode, etc.

Please visit the following thread to learn more about these new features, and do let us know if there is anything that comes up with the new beta:

Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More

We encourage you to try out this beta firmware and take advantage of the following features. Leave your comment or ask questions in the about topic. Your feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Related Articles:

Product List of Wi-Fi Routers that Support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers
2023-11-22 16:29:46

@Sunshine great to know it is out and possible... but can this be created with range extenders such as the RE705X, RE550 and RE450 (all of which I have!).

Thanks,

Liam

Options
2023-11-23 07:02:43

@Liam 

Hi, at this moment RE705X, RE550 and RE450 don't support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul yet, you could monitor any new firmware release for the extenders, if Ethernet Backhaul is added, you will see it in the firmware release note.

Options
2023-11-25 09:04:50

@Sunshine Can tp-link easymesh ethernet backhaul use link aggregation function for higher speed? Thanks

Options
2024-03-15 23:13:56

@Kevin_Z Zdravím, kdy bude tato funkce i na "TP-Link Archer Air R5" ?

Options