[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

2023-11-02 03:51:05 - last edited 2024-01-31 02:15:56
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Jan. 31st 2024 Update: 

The trial period for the beta firmware has ended, and we will continue to address the ongoing issues.

Please keep an eye out for the official firmware release. If you encounter any new problems, please Start a New Thread to provide feedback.

Hello Everyone,

We're thrilled to announce the release of public beta firmware for Archer AX55 V1. This firmware update introduces several exciting new functions and improvements to enhance your experience including Ethernet Backhaul, EasyMesh in AP mode, Satellite Router Management, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode, etc. We encourage you to try out this beta firmware and take advantage of the following features. Your feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Download Link:

Archer_AX55_V1_1.2.6 Build_20231130 

Notes:
1. This is a beta firmware and different from the official 1.2.6 version official firmware, please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding
2. This public beta firmware for Archer AX55 V1 can be applied to all versions (EU/US/JP/TW/etc.).

Modifications of 1.2.6 Build 20231130 compared to previous beta firmware

1. Improved client type identification accuracy

2. Added quick setup for third-party VPN including Surfshark and NordVPN in VPN Client feature

Here are the related FAQ: 

How to Install Surfshark VPN on TP-Link Wireless Routers

How to Install NordVPN on TP-Link Wireless Routers

3. Added new HomeShield parental control features including Blocked Apps, App Time Limits, Always Allowed Apps etc.

The above two modifications are the same as this thread: Public Beta Release for Archer AX55 V1 to Enhance Its Ability to Recognize Client Devices

4. Added new functions to Tether App: EasyMesh, OpenVPN Server/Client, Eco Mode, Wireless Schedule, Guest Portal Network

Note:  please use the new Tether App to experience those new features: New UI for 11AX Routers on Tether App 4.3 version is Ready for Trial 

5. Added EasyMesh Backhaul Steering and AP Bind (Preferred WiFi Uplink AP)

Enabling Backhual Steering allows the satellite devices to flexibly connect to different mesh nodes based on their load status, optimizing your EasyMesh network performance.
Preferred WiFi Uplink AP: by default, it is set to Auto, when there are more than two mesh nodes in the same EasyMesh network and wireless backhaul is used, you could select a preferred AP for the satellite device, the preferred AP can be either the main router or another satellite device.

Improvements and Modifications of previous beta firmware 1.2.6 Build 20231106

New Features and Optimizations of EasyMesh:

1. Added Ethernet Backhaul.
2. Added EasyMesh feature in AP mode.
3. Enhanced EasyMesh Satellite Router Management via satellite router web interface.
4. Added EasyMesh Network Topology to gain a clear understanding of your EasyMesh network's structure.

More New Features

5. Added DoT and DoH features on Advanced->Network->Internet page, which supports customizing DNS Server as well. 

6. Added ECO mode on Advanced->System->ECO Mode page. 

When working in Power-Saving Mode or Ultra Power-Saving Mode, your router will reduce the power consumption to save power, please note that your network speed and coverage will be reduced as well.

7. Enhanced Wi-Fi Schedule to enjoy more flexibility by setting separate schedules for 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands. 

8. Added isolation of Guest Network and Main Network in AP mode.
9. Added Language options on the top of the web interface.

10. Added OpenVPN Server TAP Mode. Introducing TAP Mode in OpenVPN Server for AX55 V1 Router

Note: It requires your OpenVPN Client supporting TAP Mode as well, or you will not be able to connect the VPN Server successfully

10. Added User Experience Improvement Program (UEIP).

Participate in our UEIP during the Quick Setup process, or enable/disable it later on the Advanced->System->About page. Your feedback will help us enhance the product. 

We invite you to download and install the beta firmware to explore these incredible new features. If you encounter any issues or have any suggestions, please leave your comments. Your input is invaluable to us.

Thank you for your continued support and for being part of our community.

Related Articles

Product List of Wi-Fi Routers that Support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul

What is EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders? 

How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

What is DoH and How to use it on TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers? 

Product List of Wi-Fi Routers that Support DoH

Introducing TAP Mode in OpenVPN Server for AX55 V1 Router

New UI for 11AX Routers on Tether App 4.3 version is Ready for Trial 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More-Solution
2023-11-06 09:07:00 - last edited 2023-11-06 09:07:22

@sperla @Atsukio @HighVoltageGuy @Zdzislaw 

Hi All,

Good News!

We have just updated the beta firmware to "Archer_AX55_V1_1.2.6 Build_20231106", which solved the login issue in AP mode, please update to the new firmware and test if previous issue has been resolved.

Looking forward to your update!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More-Solution
2023-11-09 03:42:56 - last edited 2023-12-06 06:14:50

@EmmettF 

Update: The new beta firmware 1.2.6 Build 20231130 should have resolved the issue, you could have a try.

Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention, I have reproduced the same issue about VPN Client feature on my end with the current beta firmware, previous beta doesn't have this issue. 

If any others encounter the issue of error code Invalid Format when adding a VPN Client profile and entering the description, please use some special characters temporarily such as # or - etc. instead of using any letters or numbers. We will fix this issue in the next version firmware.

Recommended Solution
Options
283 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-02 16:19:45
I'm giving this a try now, will report back how it goes, i'm not able to test the easymesh side of things as i'm still waiting for the AX73 v1 (US) firmware to be out, but i've been experiencing this weird issue of the AX55(US)_V1_1.2.3 randomly spiking to 100% cpu usage continuously everyday. Will report back if this firmware fixes that issue if anyone else has the same issue.
Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2023-11-03 03:00:25

@Atsukio thanks, looking forward to your feedback regarding the new beta firmware.

Options
2023-11-03 07:36:34

@Sunshine 

Hi, I have been testing for one day. Easymesh seems improved.

There might be a bug because if I switch to AP mode, I cannot login anymore through the web interface. After writing the password, the page remains at login.

Hope to see some updates soon, but for now it's a good impression.

Options
2023-11-03 07:52:40

@sperla 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback. May I know if you finally logged in the web interface or not in AP mode? 

If not, please try restarting the main AX55 and check if it solves the problem.

Options
2023-11-03 09:54:52 - last edited 2023-11-03 10:50:38

@Sunshine

Since my last post, up until now the CPU usage doesn't go past 30 anymore which is great, but then it has suddenly had the same issue @sperla where now logging in via the web browser shows "Operation Failed", then redirects to http://tplinkwifi.net/ and continuously trying to login just repeats this. Will restart the router later, but i did notice using the Tether mobile app logs in fine, but just the browser login no longer works (tested on mobile devices, and incognito).

Edit: Restarting the router does allow me to log back in, but this is giving me the same vibes as the last beta firmware that was launched as a stable release, where the AX55 would just abruptly stop being able to login and then after awhile the internet would die too and would require a manual restart.

Options
2023-11-03 11:02:23

@Atsukio 

Hi, thank you very much for the update. Did your login issue also happen when switching to AP mode?

Please do monitor if internet access is stable with the current beta firmware and if the web interface login issue will reappear after working for some time.

Options
2023-11-03 12:01:27

I've installed the beta version on my main router and so far it works fine. But how can I install it on the satellite?

Options
2023-11-03 12:14:18

@Coriander 

Hi, is your satellite router also Archer AX55 V1? If so, since previous firmware doesn't support to update satellite router locally after EasyMesh network is established, you will need to reset the satellite router first and then login the satellite router web interface to update the beta firmware.

After that, add the satellite router again to experience the new features, and you will be able to manage the satellite router via satellite router web interface with the beta firmware.

Options
2023-11-03 12:34:20

Sunshine wrote

@Atsukio 

Hi, thank you very much for the update. Did your login issue also happen when switching to AP mode?

Please do monitor if internet access is stable with the current beta firmware and if the web interface login issue will reappear after working for some time.

@Sunshine I've only been using on AP mode since my main router AX73 (US) doesn't support EasyMesh. Will report back if the web interface issue happens again, but so far internet has been relatively stable.

Options
2023-11-03 13:44:00 - last edited 2023-11-08 16:55:48

Hi, first thank you so much for this expected update! I have installed it in my main router and my AP satellite through ethernet and is working great, but have some observations after 1 day:

- IoT network is only active in main router, not working in satellite (validated with Wifi Analyzer), not tested Guest Network but probably same issue same issue happening with Guest Network

- My logs in the satellite are increasing all the time with this info

2023-11-03 08:36:20 DHCPC INFO [12949] receive ack from server with ip 192.168.0.3, options(serverid=192.168.0.1;lease=4294967295;subnet=255.255.255.0;router=192.168.0.1;dns=192.168.0.1 192.168.0.1;)

2023-11-03 08:36:20 DHCPC INFO [12949] send select request with options(cliid=01/6c:5a:b0:f9:2e:98:;)

2023-11-03 08:36:20 DHCPC INFO [12949] 1/2 lease passed, enter renewing state

2023-11-03 08:35:46 DHCPC INFO [12949] receive ack from server with ip 192.168.0.3, options(serverid=192.168.0.1;lease=4294967295;subnet=255.255.255.0;router=192.168.0.1;dns=192.168.0.1 192.168.0.1;)

2023-11-03 08:35:46 DHCPC INFO [12949] send select request with options(cliid=01/6c:5a:b0:f9:2e:98:;)

2023-11-03 08:35:46 DHCPC INFO [12949] 1/2 lease passed, enter renewing state

I have fixed this before setting an static IP in the AP, but now there is no way to do that

- After restarting the main router, I can't login for some minutes, fixed after waiting fixed after new update

- A new "hidden" network has appeared, probably scanning for new satellites, should be nice to have an option to disable this automatic scanning

- There is no way to custom the Transmit Power in my Satellite (I used to have Low in Router, and Middle in my AP)

- WPS is disabled in main router, but keep enabled in Satellite

Finally, is it possible that EasyMesh support Fast Roaming? (802.11r) That woul be an incredible upgrade, because I am still facing issue with disconnecting when roaming around the house

That's all, still incredible job, congratulation guys!

@Sunshine @Kevin_Z 

Options