New Release EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
This Article Applies to:
|Model & Hardware||Original Supported Firmware Version|
|Archer BE900_V1||Latest Official Firmware|
|Archer AX53_V2||Official Firmware|
|Archer AX55_V1||1.2.6 Build_20231030 (Public Beta Firmware for Trial)|
|Archer AX80_V1||1.1.0 Build 20230915|
|Archer AX72 Pro_V1||1.2.2 Build 20230831|
|Archer AX5400 Pro_V1.6||1.2.2 Build 20230831|
|Archer AX73_V1||1.3.5 Build 20230919|
|Archer AX73_V2||1.0.11 Build 20230829|
|Archer AX23_V1/V1.2||1.1.0 Build 20230725|
|Archer AX1800_V1.2||1.1.0 Build 20230725|
|Archer AX10_V1/V1.2/V2||1.3.8 Build 20230619|
|Archer AX1500_V1/V1.2/V2||1.3.8 Build 20230619|
|Archer AX72_V1||1.2.1 Build 20230626|
|Archer AX4800_V1||Latest Official Firmware|
|Archer AX4400(US)_2.6||1.2.1 Build 20230626|
|Archer C88_V2.2||1.12.11 Build 230602|
|Archer C80_V1&V2.2||1.12.1 Build 221212|
|Archer A8_V1&V2.2||1.12.1 Build 221212|
|Archer C64/A64_V1||1.12.1 Build 221212|
|Archer C6/A6_V4||1.12.1 Build 221212|
|Archer C86_V1||1.12.1 Build 221212|
|Archer C59_V4/V4.80||1.12.1 Build 221212|
|Archer AC1900_V1/V1.6||1.12.1 Build 221212|
1. The availability of EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul may vary by region even for the same model. Please check your local website for more information.
2. The above list might not include all models and hardware versions. It is recommended to keep watching the firmware releases for your router, as the EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul will be listed in the patch notes if/when it is added to your version.
Some of our EasyMesh Wi-Fi routers have added support for establishing a seamless mesh network via EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul. You can now connect two or more EasyMesh devices together by wiring the satellite device to the main EasyMesh router. Please check for the updates on your router web GUI or Tether App for the new firmware, update and install the latest official firmware on the router to explore all the new features like EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.
Or you can download the latest official version from the local website and upgrade the firmware manually as follows:
How to Upgrade the firmware version of the TP-Link Wireless Router
Releases Notes for Archer C80/A8/C64, etc.:
New Features/Enhancement and Bug Fixes:
1. Improved EasyMesh features and added support for Ethernet Backhaul.
2. Fixed the bug that settings of DHCP server reset after the router reboots.
3. Fixed the bug that some wireless clients behind an extender are incorrectly identified as wired in client list.
4. Fixed the bug that could not bridge Wi-Fi using WPA3 encryption.
5. Fixed the bug that Network generates loops under specific scenarios.
6. Optimized packet filtering rules.
Releases Notes for Archer AX4400/AX72:
This firmware contains important updates for HomeShield Pro, and we strongly recommend all HomeShield Pro users upgrade to this firmware.
You will be unable to downgrade to the previous firmware version after updating this firmware.
1. Newly support EasyMesh and Ethernet Backhaul;
2. Newly support to set LAN DNS server as WAN port DNS server;
3. Newly support Google Assistant function;
4. Newly support Tether Wireless Advanced Configuration;
5. Newly add Access Time Control and Bandwidth Control functions for the Guest Network;
6. Added Advanced features into AP mode;
7. Added flow control switch;
8. Added IoT network feature;
9. Added VPN Client feature;
10. Added Speed limit feature;
11. Optimized Quick Setup feature;
12. Optimized web UI of IPTV feature;
13. Port Forwarding maximum entries increased to 64;
14. Enhanced the stability and reliability of the HomeShield pro;
15. Removed some built-in NTP servers;
Fixed some bugs related to the HomeShield feature.
To fully utilize all HomeShield Pro features, we recommend that you download and install the latest version of the Tether app on your mobile device.
For Android users: Recommended Tether version 4.1.23 or later
For iOS users: Recommended Tether version 4.1.11 or later
This latest version also includes some other enhancements and bug fixes. Take your time to explore all the great features or enhancements. Comment below if you have any feedback or run into any issues — we’re here to help.