[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

[Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

2023-07-13 10:14:00 - last edited 2023-10-12 10:01:17
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The official firmware for a number of models has been rolling out to support DoH and IoT Network, please check for the updates on your router web GUI or via the Tether App to upgrade to the latest official version to try it out.

Check the below thread to get more details:

Wi-Fi Routers Support DoH and IoT Network

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news! 

We are happy to announce that there is new official firmware for Archer C80, which adds DoH, IoT Network, and a number of new features. We would like to share and provide early access to this specific version of firmware with the community. Don't hesitate to upgrade and install this pre-released firmware to try it out.

Direct Download link for pre-released firmware has been invalid.

Notes:

1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!
2. You can still upgrade to the official firmware if there is any.

3. Some new features would not be available when the router works in Access Point mode.

4. This public beta firmware for Archer C80 can be applied to all versions (EU/US/JP/TW/etc.).

Releases Notes

Modifications and Improvements:

1. Added support for DoH.

You can go to Advanced > Network > Internet page to enable DoH. See the screenshot below.

There are 3 built-in DoH Servers: dns.quad9.net, dns.google, and cloudflare-dns.com, you can choose one at a time.

2. Added IoT network and IoT security.

• IoT Network: Advanced > Wireless > IoT Network.

• IoT Security: Advanced > Security > IoT Security.

3. Added support for Alexa
4. Added support for HTTPS access.

5. Optimized the guest network, and supports Access Time Control and Bandwidth Control. (Refer to FAQ 3299)
6. Optimized the EasyMesh, and supports upgrading multiple devices at the same time.
7. Optimized the UI.

Bug Fixes:

1. Fixed several bugs related to IPTV.
2. Fixed several UI bugs.
3. Fixed the bug that the pin doesn't work under certain scenarios.
4. Fixed a compatibility bug with certain intel network cards.

This latest version also includes some other enhancements and bug fixes. Take your time to explore all the great features or enhancements. Comment below if you have any feedback or run into any issues — we’re here to help.

Related Articles:

Wi-Fi Routers Support DoH and IoT Network

Other Articles that you may also be interested in:

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial-Solution
2023-08-22 10:56:35 - last edited 2023-08-30 05:55:15

@klipse Thank you so much for updating and sharing the good news with the community. I'm so happy the engineer Noah has helped with a solution. We appreciate all your input and cooperation when helping with debugging and continued feedback. We cannot get this issue figured out quickly without all of your help.

@aceedburn Yes, there will be an official release soon this week. You may wait and check for the official release.

For anyone else who also fails to access the C80 via the Tether App when connecting to an outside or 4G network, or the client devices don't show up correctly on the web GUI once upgraded to the latest 1.13.1 official version, it's suggested to install the following public beta software to get it fixed.

Direct Download Link from the below thread (Updated on Aug 30, 2023):

Remote Login Failure via Tether App or Client List Stops Working after Updating 1.13.1 Build 230609 Firmware

If you don't want to install the above beta firmware, please wait for the official update, which is expected to be available later this week.

Recommended Solution
Options
141 Reply
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-07-14 07:32:24

@Kevin_Z  great news! 

Is there any information about this feature on AX11000?

Options
Re:Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
2023-07-14 11:05:50 - last edited 2023-07-14 12:20:00

@Kevin_Z 

No issues at all so far, the only thing I found is when I'm not at home and not connected to wifi, so using 4G/5G I can't get into the router via the Tether App.

I get the below screen on the App, if I click login it refreshes and takes me back to the same screen over and over again, like in a loop. If I click cancel it takes me back to the second screen shot. (my devices)

I've checked that I am logged into my TP link account on the app.

Thanks

Kevin

Options
2023-07-14 22:40:07

Hi Kevin,

Since you are asking for feedback I'd like to bring up the following issue.

I've never liked the idea that any person who could just get close enough to my Wi-Fi router to touch it would be able to connect to my Wi-Fi network by just pressing a button on the router. Therefore, I always disable the WPS feature on any of my routers that have a physical WPS button.

However, this firmware does not syncronize the WPS setting from the Main router to the EasyMesh Satellite router(s).
When the "WPS" switch is clicked in the OFF position the WPS button on the Main router stops working, as expected, but on the Satellite router the WPS button keeps working and I can successfully connect a client device via the WPS button method.

Options
2023-07-19 01:39:26

@Kevin_Z 
hey is this feature coming to AX72 Pro?

Options
2023-07-19 09:49:43

@klipse 

Does it mean you can login to the router via Tether App when the phone is connected to the C80's wireless, but it will fail if you switch to 4G? 

Is it possible to test and confirm the issue with another phone or OS? Please check and make sure the Tether App version is up-to-date.

Options
2023-07-19 09:55:31

Hi @woozle, thank you so much for your detailed feedback. Sorry that I didn't respond here timely.

What if you disable the WPS by pressing the WPS button on the satellite C80 before connecting it to the main? Will the WPS keep off?

BTW, did the WPS work as expected on the satellite router before this upgrade? We will check this soon and will let you know if there is an issue.

Options
2023-07-19 09:57:41

@gigakb 

Not yet. I will update the thread once there are other models that support the mentioned features. Please also keep an eye on the router web GUI for any new firmware updates, and you will see the newly added features in the firmware release notes.

Options
2023-07-19 15:01:38

@Kevin_Z 

Yes that is correct, it works when connected to the C80's wireless, if I switch to 4g/5g I get the login loop when the app detects the change in internet connection. Tether app is always most up to date version in App store.

I've just tried a fresh install of the Tether App on an iphone 10 (all up to date) and I get the same issue, also a different mobile data provider for 4g/5g.

Thanks

Kevin

Options
2023-07-21 08:44:17

@klipse 

That's interesting. Do you have another phone or OS to check if you can manage the router via Tether App when using 4G/5G?

I tested it on my Android 10 and I can manage the C80 without an issue when using 4G. I will see if I can get an iPhone 10 also to check it.

Options
2023-07-21 10:48:10

@Kevin_Z 

No sorry, we only have iPhones in this house :-) Am I the only one having this problem?

Anyone else following this thread with an iPhone? Can you replicate the issue I'm having?

Options