Early Access [Topic Closed] Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial
The official firmware for a number of models has been rolling out to support DoH and IoT Network, please check for the updates on your router web GUI or via the Tether App to upgrade to the latest official version to try it out.
Check the below thread to get more details:
We are happy to announce that there is new official firmware for Archer C80, which adds DoH, IoT Network, and a number of new features. We would like to share and provide early access to this specific version of firmware with the community. Don't hesitate to upgrade and install this pre-released firmware to try it out.
Direct Download link for pre-released firmware has been invalid.
1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!
2. You can still upgrade to the official firmware if there is any.
3. Some new features would not be available when the router works in Access Point mode.
4. This public beta firmware for Archer C80 can be applied to all versions (EU/US/JP/TW/etc.).
Modifications and Improvements:
1. Added support for DoH.
You can go to Advanced > Network > Internet page to enable DoH. See the screenshot below.
There are 3 built-in DoH Servers: dns.quad9.net, dns.google, and cloudflare-dns.com, you can choose one at a time.
2. Added IoT network and IoT security.
- IoT Network: Advanced > Wireless > IoT Network.
- IoT Security: Advanced > Security > IoT Security.
3. Added support for Alexa
4. Added support for HTTPS access.
5. Optimized the guest network, and supports Access Time Control and Bandwidth Control. (Refer to FAQ 3299)
6. Optimized the EasyMesh, and supports upgrading multiple devices at the same time.
7. Optimized the UI.
1. Fixed several bugs related to IPTV.
2. Fixed several UI bugs.
3. Fixed the bug that the pin doesn't work under certain scenarios.
4. Fixed a compatibility bug with certain intel network cards.
This latest version also includes some other enhancements and bug fixes. Take your time to explore all the great features or enhancements. Comment below if you have any feedback or run into any issues — we’re here to help.