[Closed] New UI for 11AX Routers on Tether App 4.3 version is Ready for Trial

2023-12-01 09:39:39 - last edited 2024-02-06 05:49:28

Update on Feb 6th 2024:

The trial period for the Tether App 4.3.X new UI has ended, and the Tether App 4.4.X has been or will be available soon. If you encounter any new problems with Tether App, please Start a New Thread to provide feedback.

Hello everyone, 
The Tether App is designed to provide convenient access to your TP-Link devices directly from your smartphone. It offers a simplified approach to handle common settings like Internet connection, wireless network setup, parental controls, and more. 

We are constantly enhancing the Tether App to provide you with the best user experience. That's why we're thrilled to announce the upcoming Tether App 4.3 version, featuring a brand new user interface for 11AX Routers. This update aims to make monitoring internet status and managing your network even easier.

Before the official release, we invite you to be one of the first to try out the new Tether App. Once you've had the chance to experience the new Tether App, we kindly request your participation in completing a questionnaire.

Questionnaire on Tether App 4.3 New UI Update

Your valuable feedback is highly likely to influence the direction of future improvements for the Tether App, making your network management even more convenient. We encourage you to actively participate and provide your feedback to make a positive impact.  Let's collaborate to enhance your Tether App experience and make it truly exceptional!

APK for Android: Tether_v4.3.26_for_Android (Updated on Dec.14th)

TestFlight For iPhone: https://testflight.apple.com/join/gHpiQWIN

Notes: 

1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding
2. The new UI on Tether App applies to the following models:
Archer AX3000, Archer AX10, Archer AX23, Archer AX55, Archer AX73, Archer AX53, Archer AX21, Archer AX1500, Archer AX72, Archer AX50, Archer AX1800, Archer AX80, Archer AX4400, Archer AXE75, Archer AX20, RE800be, Archer VX1800v

New UI on Tether App

1. Home Page and Internet Status

2. Clients List and 4 Methods to Sort Online Clients

3. Security and Family

4. More

Please note that the features available on the Tether App may vary depending on the router model and its support capabilities.

Options
76 Reply
Re:New UI for 11AX Routers on Tether App 4.3 version is Ready for Trial
2023-12-01 16:05:18
the upgrade works well so far
Options
2023-12-01 20:38:04

@Sunshine 

The app works way better now. 

I would like to suggest adding the ability to setup easy mesh devices through the app. Or adding easymesh option along side the one mesh in the app.

Options
2023-12-04 03:54:48 - last edited 2023-12-04 06:13:38

@Airtesam @tonyjp2022 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback. Glad to hear that the new App works well.

If it is convenient for you, please help to complete the Questionnaire on Tether App 4.3 New UI Update

@Airtesam may I know the model no., hardware and firmware version of your TP-Link router? I do see some models has already had EasyMesh on the Tether App such as Archer BE800.

Options
2023-12-04 06:15:52

@Airtesam 

Upon checking, Tether App has supports EasyMesh function, but only some EasyMesh routers have that settings on Tether App at this moment, because it requires the router to support it via firmware update as well.

If you can only see OneMesh on the Tether App, please wait for firmware update of your router.

Options
2023-12-05 14:23:46
i tested the tether app on my ax-73 & backup ax10 they both work fine the feature on the ax10 are rather limited but everyhing works but cant change the wifi channels if need be in the ax10 & the ax73 losing features
Options
2023-12-06 01:47:29

@tonyjp2022 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

May I know if your AX73 and AX10 are both working in router mode separately? or they are actually connected to each other and build a mesh network? If so, is your AX73 the main router and AX10 satellite?

Options
2023-12-06 02:26:53

@Sunshine 

Sunshine wrote

@Airtesam 

Upon checking, Tether App has supports EasyMesh function, but only some EasyMesh routers have that settings on Tether App at this moment, because it requires the router to support it via firmware update as well.

If you can only see OneMesh on the Tether App, please wait for firmware update of your router.

So i do have the easymesh firmware on my router for a while now. Me and tonyjp pretty much got it around the same time. After i requested it. 

Options
2023-12-06 03:49:07

Airtesam wrote

@Sunshine 

Sunshine wrote

@Airtesam 

So i do have the easymesh firmware on my router for a while now. Me and tonyjp pretty much got it around the same time. After i requested it. 

@Airtesam 

Hi, sorry I might not be very clear.

Tether App itself does support EasyMesh function now, I can see it when testing via Archer BE800, however, it still requires the router to update firmware to adapt to the App function  even though the router itself already supported EasyMesh function.

Options
2023-12-06 03:51:07

@Sunshine ahhhhh ok thank you for clarifying my confusion. 

Options
2023-12-06 05:40:26

@Airtesam 

You are welcome, and feel free to let us know if there is any further question or feedback~

Options