No data on ISP and gateway utilization after upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-31 13:55:41 - last edited 2022-08-05 07:20:42
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Team,

See also attached image:

Over the weekend I did an upgrade to the Linux-controller (i.e. upgrade to 5.4.6).

It looks like the ISP and gateway utilization is gone; dito for the speedtest capabilities.

It doesn't matter if I try this via the TP-link cloud or directly on the controller.

Bug in this new version (worked before)? Something else (and what?)?

With warm regards - Will

*** making it run like clockwork ***
Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:No data on ISP and gateway utilization after upgrade-Solution
2022-08-01 04:33:13 - last edited 2022-08-05 07:20:52

Dear @ITV,

ITV wrote

Over the weekend I did an upgrade to the Linux-controller (i.e. upgrade to 5.4.6).

It looks like the ISP and gateway utilization is gone; dito for the speedtest capabilities.

It doesn't matter if I try this via the TP-link cloud or directly on the controller.

Please ensure your Omada Router is in "Connected" state on your Controller first.

Click the down arrow to show the ISP Load details,

Then you'll see the Test Speed options as below. 

Try Test Speed, or customize the Internet Capacity upon your ISP by the edit option next to Internet.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-01 07:07:30 - last edited 2022-08-05 07:20:42

Dear @ITV,

ITV wrote

See the picture sent in the initial post:

The periodic speedtest parameters are still not there.

Any suggestions here?

The Omada Controller v5.4 has removed the periodic speedtest functionality since the service provider of speedtest cannot find a better way to improve the accuracy and performance. The periodic speedtest will be added back once the vendor resolved the issue.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2022-08-01 04:33:13 - last edited 2022-08-05 07:20:52

Dear @ITV,

ITV wrote

Please ensure your Omada Router is in "Connected" state on your Controller first.

Click the down arrow to show the ISP Load details,

Then you'll see the Test Speed options as below. 

Try Test Speed, or customize the Internet Capacity upon your ISP by the edit option next to Internet.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No data on ISP and gateway utilization after upgrade
2022-08-01 05:07:19

@Fae 

Thank you for the quick and to the point response.

This solves the problem partially.

Any suggestions here?

Cheers - will

*** making it run like clockwork ***
Options
2022-08-01 07:07:30 - last edited 2022-08-05 07:20:42

Dear @ITV,

ITV wrote

Any suggestions here?

The Omada Controller v5.4 has removed the periodic speedtest functionality since the service provider of speedtest cannot find a better way to improve the accuracy and performance. The periodic speedtest will be added back once the vendor resolved the issue.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-01 15:37:56

@Fae 

Fae wrote

I think the functionality should not have been removed. I, at least, was always aware that the accuracy of a third party speed test provider wasn't always 100%, yet I still liked the functionality to be able to monitor relative speeds, specially since I have 2 WAN providers and it helped to compare them. But now the functionality is completely removed, no reports, nothing.

Instead of removing functionality, why not just add a disclaimer that the data might not be accurate, like you did for the manual speed tests?

Main Gateway: TL-ER7206 Switch: TL-SG3428 APs: EAP620 HD x2
Options
2022-08-04 06:44:49

Dear @Unraider,

Unraider wrote

I think the functionality should not have been removed. I, at least, was always aware that the accuracy of a third party speed test provider wasn't always 100%, yet I still liked the functionality to be able to monitor relative speeds, specially since I have 2 WAN providers and it helped to compare them. But now the functionality is completely removed, no reports, nothing.

Instead of removing functionality, why not just add a disclaimer that the data might not be accurate, like you did for the manual speed tests?

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I've written this down for further evaluation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1833

Replies: 5