"Daisy Chain" 2 EAP245

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

"Daisy Chain" 2 EAP245

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
"Daisy Chain" 2 EAP245
"Daisy Chain" 2 EAP245
2022-08-11 11:52:03 - last edited 2022-08-12 07:16:33
Tags: #Mesh #Roaming #EAP245
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

**NEWBIE** (I think I know just enough to be dangerous, but please don't throw around any techy terms!)

I have scoured the internet as well as spoken to TP-Link support, but there is just no useful information available for my query.

I was getting tired of the "Wheel of Death" on my devices when streaming on my TVs because the kids were hogging the bandwidth with their XBoxes.

We also had 2 fibre lines coming into the house & needed to reduce costs by upgrading one & canceling the other.

I purchased the EAP245 & installed it to my router & used the PoE injector to power it up. The device works amazingly well, & MU-MIMO is a godsend, as well as the Omada system which allows me to easily configure, monitor & manage.

The problem is that I have a large house, & although the signal strength is amazing, I need an additional unit.

I have decided to purchase another EAP245, as I see it has another LAN port labelled "Bridge" on both devices.

Can someone please tell me if my assumption is correct; that if I bridge the new AP to the existing AP, I will be able to extend the range & operate a single SSID across my entire home, & devices would just hook onto the AP providing the best signal as if it was a single AP?

I'm not worried about micro signal drops if I move from one side of the house to the other, & I don't really want to have to invest in a controller either, but it would be a lot easier to manage one SSID, even if I have to configure each AP separately via the web app.

Options
2 Reply
Re:"Daisy Chain" 2 EAP245
2022-08-12 07:04:06

@Rorke 

correct. there is no prob with doing what you described. 

though, you don't have the fast roaming enjoyed which requires a controller to support that function. 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2949/

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:"Daisy Chain" 2 EAP245
2022-08-12 07:22:46

@Rorke 

If you wanna use 2 EAPs connected together wirelessly.

You will need to enable the Mesh function on the controller as same as the fast roaming function as Tedd404 said.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 296

Replies: 2

Tags