Eap660HD Port Keeps Being Blocked - How to unblock?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-14 21:09:32
Tags: #Mesh
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I have EAP's that keep randomly being blocked. I get the alert that the port Gi1/0/3 was blocked, and then that the EAP was isolated. 

Tried restarting the EAP, the switch, turned off Mesh Mode and yet I can't get that EAP to come back online. 

First question is how to unblock the port? 

Secondly, how do I fix this issue? One of the EAP's is plugged into the main switch that's plugged into the wired router. Other forum posts said check for loops but there couldn't possibly be a loop since it's plugged into the main switch. The other one is plugged into a switch that plugs into that one, but I restarted the switches and EAP's and it isn't in mesh mode anymore. 

Any ideas? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Eap660HD Port Keeps Being Blocked - How to unblock?
2022-08-15 03:18:33 - last edited 2022-08-15 03:18:42

Dear @JoeyO_CO,

JoeyO_CO wrote

I have EAP's that keep randomly being blocked. I get the alert that the port Gi1/0/3 was blocked, and then that the EAP was isolated. 

Tried restarting the EAP, the switch, turned off Mesh Mode and yet I can't get that EAP to come back online. 

First question is how to unblock the port? 

Secondly, how do I fix this issue? One of the EAP's is plugged into the main switch that's plugged into the wired router. Other forum posts said check for loops but there couldn't possibly be a loop since it's plugged into the main switch. The other one is plugged into a switch that plugs into that one, but I restarted the switches and EAP's and it isn't in mesh mode anymore.

It seems there was loop detected so the port 3 was blocked. 

To unblock the port, you may go to Devices -> Config to edit the Port3 on the switch, then disable Loopback Detection.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 894

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles