Omada Hardware Controller_V5.5.7 (Released On September 1st, 2022)
TP-Link has released this firmware to the official website ahead of the cloud, so no worries if you find that the controller hasn't notified you of a new firmware update yet. This new firmware will be released to the cloud shortly for the online update.
If you would like to enjoy Omada Hardware Controller v5.5.7 as soon as possible, please feel free to follow this thread here or the TP-Link official website to download the firmware, then manually upgrade your OC200/OC300 via local access.
Edit: Omada Hardware Controller v5.5.7 has been released to the cloud on Sep 13, 2022.
Thank you for your attention!
This Article Applies to:
OC200(UN)_V1_1.19.1 Build 20220803
OC200(UN)_V2_2.5.1 Build 20220803
OC300(UN)_V1_1.12.1 Build 20220803
- All above with Build-in Omada Controller v5.5.7
- New Feature/Enhancement
1. Added WLAN and AI WLAN Optimization support for the 6GHz band, and adjusted the configuration method of Band Steering. When 6GHz is checked, unsupported encryption methods and WPA modes are automatically hidden.
2. Added support for Power Saving mode and PSC (Preferred Scanning Channel), adapted to EAP690E HD.
3. Added multi-language support, including Deutsch, Français, Español, Italiano, Português, Русский, Türkçe, 日本語, 中文(繁體), 한국어. You can set it in Settings > Maintenance > User Interface > Language.
4. Changed the default 802.1X mode from Force Authorized to Auto, to facilitate configuration of 802.1X.
5. Added support to log out of the Hotspot Manager.
6. Added support to customize the MAC address format for PPSK with RADIUS. Note that this requires EAPs to be upgraded to subsequent releases of adapted firmware. Otherwise, EAP will still use "aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff" format regardless of which format you choose. Reported Here.
7. The following optimizations were made to the MAP function:
- added EAP antenna parameters and 6GHz band,
- supported modifying EAP mounting type and installation angle,
- supported copying AP and recording interception area for simulation result evaluation,
- fixed some bugs.
8. Added the Site Permission for Administrators, to allow the creation or deletion of sites.
9. Allowed Administrators to export data (Setting > Services > Export Data).
10. Alert emails will be sent once when the same Email address is set for multiple accounts. Mentioned Here.
- Bug Fixed
1. Fixed the bug that the Term of Service of Portal could not be displayed correctly due to special characters.
1) This version of the controller is applied to the Omada APP of version 4.4 or above.
2) Omada SDN Controller can only manage certain devices running the supported firmware. Please confirm that your device is compatible with the SDN Controller.
3) If you are upgrading from controller v3.x, it's highly recommended to upgrade 3.x to v4.1.5 first, then v4.1.5 to the latest 5.x. Please follow the Omada Controller Upgrade Guide in the installation package before upgrading.
4) Once upgraded to this version of Omada Controller, you will be NOT able to downgrade to version 3.2.17 or below.
Note: Controller v5 has changed the port for upgrading devices from TCP 29813 to TCP 8043 /TCP 443. If you haven’t noticed this port change, please refer to this solution post for more details.
To get notified with the new release of Omada Controller, welcome to subscribe to Topic 245226.
Any further feedback on the new firmware, please feel free to start a new thread from HERE.
When reporting an issue, especially it's about firmware upgrade, it's suggested to include the following info:
-- Omada Controller version (previous and current)
-- Device Model(s) and Hardware
-- Device Firmware (previous and current)
Note: if you decide to downgrade the firmware before contacting the TP-Link support team, we suggest you save a copy of the current Log file* and Backup Config file** before you do that, which might be helpful to address the issue you suffered from the new firmware.
* The Log file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Services -> Export Data -> Running Log.
** The Backup Config file of Controller can be exported under Settings -> Maintenance via local access.
Thank you in advance for your great cooperation and support!