Can I keep SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I keep SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can I keep SSID
Can I keep SSID
2022-09-02 21:41:47 - last edited 2022-09-05 02:38:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an existing network and my wireless router is provided by my wireless carrier. I have an attached garage, a detached garage, and a cottage all hardwired and am using old routers as AP's. If i replace all three old routers and obviously keep my existing carrier provided router, can i have the Deco 9's use my existing SSID so I dont have to go around reconfiguring all my cameras and devices?

thanks for the help

norm

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I keep SSID-Solution
2022-09-02 23:47:22 - last edited 2022-09-05 02:38:52

@cylon 

The answer is: YES.

Configure Deco mesh with same SSID and password you have now for your WiFi, and it'll work the way you want it. This is how I setup Deco at my house and, coincidentally, I also bought Deco M9 Plus.

If you have questions about or during the setup and configuration, feel free to ask. Check this document for Deco hardwiring requirements: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I keep SSID-Solution
2022-09-02 23:47:22 - last edited 2022-09-05 02:38:52

@cylon 

The answer is: YES.

Configure Deco mesh with same SSID and password you have now for your WiFi, and it'll work the way you want it. This is how I setup Deco at my house and, coincidentally, I also bought Deco M9 Plus.

If you have questions about or during the setup and configuration, feel free to ask. Check this document for Deco hardwiring requirements: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Recommended Solution
Options