IPTV issue, internet acces and IPTV not working at the same time?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-16 13:03:06 - last edited 2022-09-19 01:00:33
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0

Hello, I have a problem regarding my IPTV service. Yesterday evening I replaced my ISP's router with the ER605. It is adopted by Omada software controller. I was able to connect with the WAN settings provided by my ISP. So that's working perfectly fine. Then I went to setup my IPTV box. I went in the omada controller and went to the IPTV settings. Entered my ISP provided settings and tried it. At first seemed to look allright, but after a while I realised that the port had no internet acces and therefor could not load any other channels only the one that was initially on. Solely the stream seamed to work. So what I think that is happening, when the port is set to IPTV mode it no longer transfers internet, is this correct? If so, is there any to set it up differently? 

These are the settings that I put in:

These are the settings required by my ISP:

VLAN VLAN 4 (802.1q)
Authenticationmethod DHCP
IGMP IGMPv2
  IGMP-proxy

IGMP fast-leave

Maybe the problem is that I cannot tag vlan 4 with 802.1q?

If anyone is able to help, I would be for ever grateful.

Options
1 Reply
Re:IPTV issue, internet acces and IPTV not working at the same time?
2022-09-19 08:41:12

@Heuvel71 

The IPTV port will not have Internet, only for IPTV usage. Because all data go through this port will only forward to VLAN 4. However all channels traffic should be available in VLAN4 according to your ISP information.

You need to contact your service provider and ask more about what settings you should do on the router. Some ISP may want Bridge Mode actually. Check some examples from tplink

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 810

Replies: 1

Related Articles