ER605 DHCP Routing Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-26 14:32:18
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1_1.2.2_20220918 (BETA)

I am running an Omada network with the following HW:

ER605 V1 Router

Omada SW controller running on a SFF PC

HP ProCurve 2910AL Managed POE+ Switch

QTY 3 EAP610 V1 Omada Access Points

I've been up and running for 2 months.  At least once every 2 days, one of my clients can't get a valid IP from the router and can't get to the internet.  Rebooting the ER605 solves the issue temporarily.  I've tried many things including:

1) Various firmware revisions on the ER605 (1.2.1 Release, 1.2.2 BETA)

2) Replacing the HP Switch with an unmanaged TP-Link Switch

3) Replacing the ER605 with another one of the same version

I would like to know what else I can try.  I'm not looking for fancy routing features (VLAN, VPN, QoS, etc).  I just want my clients to get an IP address and reach the internet.  

Should I replace the ER605 with a non-Omada router?  (Mikrotik hEX, Pfsense, etc)

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 DHCP Routing Issues
2022-09-27 02:25:38

Dear @wolff1978,

wolff1978 wrote

I've been up and running for 2 months.  At least once every 2 days, one of my clients can't get a valid IP from the router and can't get to the internet.  Rebooting the ER605 solves the issue temporarily.  I've tried many things including:

1) Various firmware revisions on the ER605 (1.2.1 Release, 1.2.2 BETA)

2) Replacing the HP Switch with an unmanaged TP-Link Switch

3) Replacing the ER605 with another one of the same version

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue in TP-Link Community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID220930999, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:ER605 DHCP Routing Issues
2023-02-11 21:16:51

@wolff1978 

Hi there,

Based on the information you've provided, it seems that you're having some connectivity issues with your Omada network.

It's good to hear that you've tried various troubleshooting steps such as firmware revisions, replacing the switch, and even the router itself. However, it's not surprising that the issue persists as there could be other factors contributing to the problem.

One thing you could consider is replacing the ER605 with a non-Omada router, as you mentioned Mikrotik hEX or Pfsense. This might provide a solution if the issue is related to compatibility with the Omada system. However, it's always recommended to consult with a professional before making any significant changes to your network setup.

As an alternative, you could also consider replacing your Windsor router with a replacement Windsor to see if that solves the issue. Make sure to check the compatibility of the replacement router with your existing Omada setup.

Hope this helps!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 318

Replies: 2

Related Articles