Forwarding a WAN port (external port??) to a LAN Port ???? ** Puzzled **

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-07 16:06:29
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200904 Rel.70748

Folks....

I'm having to configure port forwarding on an ER605 (TL-605)  for a odd type of cloud service that will periodically pull information from a server on our lan.

The port forwarding spec sheet that I received is as follows:

Public IP: ---->  WAN Port 26800 ----> LAN Port 443 ----> [internal server lan IP]

I have [public ip] : 443  working just fine.   Entering that url from an external network will access the internal server just fine.

HOWEVER..... I am unfamiliar with forwarding a "WAN" port.  Is a WAN port the same thing as an "external" port ?   

I am using the router settings at location  TRANSMISSION  /   NAT / VIRTUAL SERVER  for port forwarding.  But when I use the  26800  for the External Port - - - -> Internal Port: 443 .... it does NOT work.     

Currently, only using 443 for BOTH the External and Internal ports will work.

NOTE:  This location has fiber isp service .... and the ISP equipment is   BRIDGED.   It passes all traffic our public IP straight through to our TPLink Router.

- Our TPLink routner is provviding DHCP.

SUMMARY:  I've never had a request / need to forward or translate a WAN port before, and am having a hard time finding any specifics on the process.

Any help greatly appreciated.

-Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Forwarding a WAN port (external port??) to a LAN Port ???? ** Puzzled **
2022-10-08 00:56:26

@kev100 

"WAN Port" is just their term for a TCP / UDP port on the public (WAN) side of your connection.  If forwarding their specific port to the internal port 443 isnt working but 443>443 is, then i would suggest you seek support from their tech support as thats nothing to do with your router, its how their system is set up.  You router only controls LAN communications and NAT, it cannot effect whats inbound on the WAN side, if the port isnt coming into the WAN, its their problem

Owner of: ER605 v1, ER605 v2, ER7206 v1, SG1024DE v4.2 and AX53 v1
Options