Adding outdoor Eap or a standard

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-08 16:55:05
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.7

Would like some help/advice.

Edgemax router

Netgear switch

Software Controller 

2xEap660hd

1xEap245v3

All hard wired

I have very weak signal getting in my shop. It's a metal bld. Currently have a Eap245 in a storage room about 20ft away( closer than my switch by 70 feet) .  Can I use the secound etho port on the eap245 to feed to another Eap?

Now . The choice..

A .  Upgrade a 660hd location with a newer model Eap and move that 660hd into shop .

B. Grab the Eap610 outdoor and place on back wall of storage or even inside shop? 

Inside house alot of new devices and want to use most my 1gig connection . Shop has no need for max speed but will sometimes stream a game or so.. 

Thanks pic is kinda rudimentary..

Options
2 Reply
Re:Adding outdoor Eap or a standard
2022-10-09 20:32:30

@Chvybeatsford 

Hey

My thinking is the second ethernet port is your answer, just run a cable from the 225 to an AP in the shop, no hassle there

The switching of 660, not so sure that will work.. ultimately signal is signal and if the EAP225 cant do it, the 660 doesnt have some magic to correct that.  Yes it will be faster given its WiFi6, but generally range / signal is very similiar from AP to AP unless you dramatically up the transmit power.   While the 660 will perform better than the 225 in terms of performance, they are both equal in terms of transmit power and signal range. 

Options
Re:Adding outdoor Eap or a standard
2022-10-09 21:39:34

@Philbert 

Thanks for replying... 

Sorry. Was hard trying to word it correctly.

But I ment replace a 660Hd from inside house with newer model and move it to shop. 

Problem is it's a metal shop. My area is already congested with signals so was hoping to improve inside house  with a new model having the 160hz and DFS channel use. Since the 660hd does not allow in the US  .  But at same time keep cost down. 

If only They would update 660Hd to allow DFS in the US. 

Options