Connecting CPE210 Client to Switch or Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-11 01:12:41
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a pair of CPE210.  I intend to connect my home to a shed approximately 500 ft distant.  In my home I have a full Omada setup with TL-605 router, OC200 controller, and Jetstream Switches.  I will connect one CPE210 to the home switch and mount it on my roof.  It will be configured in AP Mode.

On my shed's roof I will mount the second CPE210 configured in Client Mode.

Inside my shed I will have an IP security cam, a PC, a Raspberry Pi, and a printer.  My intent is to wire the CPE210 to a five port switch, and to connect the other devices to the switch.

Will this work?  Or is the CPE210 in client mode strictly a single device unit?

Or alternatively, could I connect the shed's CPE210 to the WAN port of a router?  And connect the other devices to the LAN ports of the router?

All advice much appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting CPE210 Client to Switch or Router
2022-10-12 08:42:48

@JohnInOlympia 

The Client CPE can be connected to a switch, but in this case there is only a wired network, because the Client CPE itself does not broadcast a Wifi signal and the switch does not broadcast a WiFi signal, so on the shed side there is only a wired network.

It is also possible to connect a router to the back of the Client CPE, but it is recommended to set the router to AP mode, otherwise you will have two DHCP servers and two NAT devices in your entire network.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options