Need help with final Omada setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-13 19:55:22

Hello,

I plan to install a little home network with 3 segments (see picture).

I did setup the 3 networks as interface using the OC200 with the corrosponding subnets. I create the Wlan. I did assing the 3 networks to 3 different ports 3, 4 and 5.

The IP subnets have been assigned successfully to the connected devices. So far so good.

Now I would like to separate the 3 networks from each other. Every network should stand alone and should not be able to see or reach any other network except the internet. I tried to solve that via ACLs without success. Sometimes the device get no IP, sometimes I have no internet connection. Sometimes I have internet, can´t reach the other networks but I´m able to reach the router and the OC200. I don´t know what I have to adjust to get the single networks like a Wlan guest which hast internet but no connection to the other networks. Sample configuration where I tried to separate the iot network:

I would be very thankful to any hint.

Thanks a lot,

William

Options
3 Reply
Re:Need help with final Omada setup
2022-10-13 21:00:48 - last edited 2022-10-13 21:03:06

@William78 

Hey

Looks like you are on the right lines, but one too many deny rules in there.

In the screenie you provided, in the right destination network uncheck IOT.. in that screenie you are stopping IOT accessing IOT which will kill it, fundamentally a deny all.  The ACL in that setting would stop IOT talking to anyone, inluding IOT itself. 

Create an ACL for each network like you have (WLAN, IOT, GUEST etc), just dont block the source network in the destination and that should work for you :)

Options
2022-10-13 21:06:14

@William78 

PS.. if you are going to fire this over the WiFi, dont forget to tag the VLAN on the SSID configuration else it will connect to the default LAN. 

EG. if you want SSID1 to use IOT network, in the SSID1 settings add 20 to the vlan number, anyone who connects to that SSID will be on the IOT network.. rinse and repeat as needed for other networks

Options
2022-10-14 15:34:43

Thanks a lot, I will try that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 3