Votes

[Request] Omada - VLAN tagging of Native Network - Ignore untagged packets

Votes

2022-10-16 03:52:06
Tags: #VLAN

Add to Omada control the ability to tag the native VLAN.

Add to Omada the option to ignore untagged packets received on a port or unselect native network from the untagged setting.

This is a feature currently available in Jetstream switches when managed in standalone mode, but unavailable in Omada management.

These options in Omada will reduce untagged PVID misconfiguration while trunking VLANs between switches or out to APs.  It will also allow Omada APs to have all WLANs tagged, while having different PVIDs from the switches.

Options
11 Reply
RE:[Request] Omada - VLAN tagging of Native Network - Ignore untagged packets
2023-01-23 22:36:31
Improved traffic control AND improved security.
Options
2023-02-13 05:54:29
If you're using managment vlan particularly there's no need for anything to respond on the pvid
Options
2023-08-03 06:38:38
please add this
Options
Re:[Request] Omada - VLAN tagging of Native Network - Ignore untagged packets
2023-08-03 06:39:34

I don't know why does this only have 4 votes.

Please consider adding this feature! Don't just assume we want native vlan to be untagged and enforce that. Let us pick if we want native vlan to be untagged or not.

Options
2023-08-24 21:48:03
For a trunk port there is no need to have a native VLAN. Please implement the ability to set up a profile with all VLANs tagged. All your competition has this feature (including Omada switches in standalone mode). Thank you!
Options
2023-09-03 22:02:51 - last edited 2023-09-03 22:06:58

Yes, I was disappointed not to see this also. I have a number of trunk ports where I would only like to pass tagged VLAN Traffic, and ignore untagged traffic. I have been doing this on my non-Omada TP-Link managed switches, and now I have started to replace some of them with Omada switches the lack of this feature is cause me some trouble!

For now, I have created a 'defunct' VLAN 4090 which I do not use, and have made that the 'Native' network for my trunk profile - this allows me to set that VLAN as untagged on the port, and delete the LAN setting 

Options
2023-10-31 15:32:41
Also it's a security issue if I always have to choose a VLAN as native which is not beeing used in the tagged list. Even if I don't need it at this port.
Options
2023-12-21 16:13:04

Bumping this up again.

This just keeps coming up. What is the problem with support a feature that is already supported in standalone mode ? I do not want silly vlan 1/untagged traffic. I have a management vlan, I want the switch to be in that vlan and I have downstream devices from that switch that also need to be in the management vlan.

is it so difficult to understand why people may need this ?

Options
2024-01-01 09:12:19
This is a hard requirement to be able to migrate to Omada. At this moment it is not possible to recreate the same setting as we had without the controller.
Options
2024-02-29 15:13:25
Would be a massive benefit
Options

Information

Helpful: 16

Views: 1485

Replies: 11

Voters 16

+ 12 Voters

Tags