TP-Link ER605 OpenVPN Server and Windows Client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-02 13:50:06
Tags: #VPN #openvpn
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I would like to ask for my scenario, 

I created one OpenVPN Server and generated the the OpenVPN cert for windows users to import and connect to the VPN network.

My question is the OpenVPN cert can use for how many windows clients?

Hope you guys can help me..

Thank You.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link ER605 OpenVPN Server and Windows Client
2022-11-02 17:50:05

@Kalvin88888 

The certificate can be used for as many clients as you wish, this is controlled by the limitations of the Gateway itself.     In terms of the ER605 for example, this is 10 OpenVPN Clients, more powerful gateway will support more connections.

It is worth noting that the newest version of the controller software has brought in support for Accounts on OpenVPN.   This may be of interest to you in the near future as this currently requires a gateway firmware update to implement.

Options
2022-11-03 13:13:30

@Kalvin88888 

Hi, forgive me if I take advantage of your post to ask you a question.
I have also created an "openvpn server" thanks to which I can share files on my network. Unfortunately I can't navigate from a remote PC in any way, I would like to go out on the web with my public IP but it doesn't work.
If you succeed, can you please share a photo of your settings?

Options
2022-11-04 04:33:15

@Dany_1968 Hi,

1. Your ISP must provide the Public IP service.

2. You need to log in to a DDNS Hosting in this router.

3. After doing the step above and create the OpenVPN server and generate the Certificate.

4. The OpenVPN Certificate needs to amend the Public IP Address to your DDNS Hosting Name using Notepad software and save it.

5. Now you can use this cert for the user who wants to access the local network thru OpenVPN Tunnel, even if the Public IP Address change the DDNS also can capture the latest IP Address.

Hope this can help you.

Regard,

Kalvin

Options
2022-11-04 05:26:02

@Kalvin88888 

Hi, thank you, very kind for your reply.
I have assigned a public and static IP, so I don't need DDNS service.
After creating an "OpenVPN server", I generated the certificate, editing the file by entering my public IP.
The LAN part works, in the sense that from the office I can work on my NAS at home, but unfortunately when I activate this VPN I can no longer surf - which instead happens with other sites / VPN

In another TP-LINK router, in the OpenVPN section, you can choose between two basic options:

1) Home Network Only (access only the resources of your LAN)

2) Internet and Home Network (in addition to accessing your resources, you browse "exiting" from your home IP wherever you are in the world)

Here is my ER605 does not have this screen, I do not have the two options but only two fields for IP addresses. I'm definitely doing something wrong in the settings (Local Port and IP Pool), try to look at how you set the parameters in the VPN / OpenVPN / OpenVPN Server section
Sincerely, Daniele

Options