Redundancy Link in TP-Link ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-09 18:15:00
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V2.00

Good afternoon,

I am trying to create a wireless redundancy system with 1 redundancy, using 2 paired ER605 routers. Basically I want to connect 2 routers to each other through these 2 connections. In each of their WAN ports is connected a wireless frontend (D1, D2, D3 or D4), in which I want to use the load balance capabilities of these routers to let's say, pass all traffic through one connection (WAN 0-WAN 0) and in case this connection fails, all traffic goes to the other connection (WAN 1-WAN 1). In each router, there is going to be a computer that should be able to communicate with the other one.

I am not sure if these 2 devices are the best for this functionality and I would like some advice for this sense.

My question is, is there a possibility to implement 2 wireless links, one being the primary (D1-D2) and the other one the backup (D3-D4) connected to WAN ports and taking advantage of the load balance/link backup of these routers or do I have to go through another way.

The wireless frontends can be configured through their own static IP's and we would want to be able to configure them/communicate with them, when that wireless pair link is activated, as well as letting the PC's communicate with each other. Additionally we would also want to be able to communicate with the wireless frontend devices on the connection that is down, if possible. 

If this configuration doesn't work or doesn't seem correct, what suggestions/changes would you provide.

Best regards,

Saul

------------------------ WAN 0                                                                                                WAN 0 -------------------------

|                           |----------------------------------|D1|                                        |D2|----------------------|                            |

|     ROUTER 1    |                                                                                                                        |    ROUTER 2     |

|     ER605           | WAN 1                                                                                               WAN 1 |     ER605            | 

|                           |----------------------------------|D3|                                        |D4|----------------------|                            |

------------------------                                                                                                                        -------------------------

|                                                                                                                                                            |

|                                                                                                                                                            |

PC 1                                                                                                                                                      PC 2

Options
1 Reply
Re:Redundancy Link in TP-Link ER605
2022-11-10 10:52:35

@SaulCarvalho 

If you want two devices behind the ER605 to be able to access each other, you can set up an IPsec VPN.

How to configure LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN on TP-Link Router

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 244

Replies: 1

Related Articles