Set 40MHz Channels

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Set 40MHz Channels

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Set 40MHz Channels
Set 40MHz Channels
2022-11-15 02:25:30
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I only see 20MHz as selectable channels in Omada, at the moment channel width is set to Auto. Does this mean the EAP will automatically bond 20HMz channels as needed?

If i set channel width to 40HMz and select channel 153, does this mean it will bond channels 149 and 153?

Why can't we just select 40MHz channels like 151. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Set 40MHz Channels
2022-11-16 12:10:27

@johnsnow88 

Channel and channel width are two concepts, you set the channel width to 40M, it doesn't affect the channel selection in my opinion, if the channel is set to Auto then the EAP could be on any channel, even if the channel width is set to 40M.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-11-17 22:01:42

@Virgo 

I dont want to set the channel width, I only want to set the channel but still be able to use 40/80MHz channel width for clients that are able to use the higher bandwidth. Since Omada does not let you select 40/80MHz, it is my understanding that the EAP will still operate at a higher channel width even when a 20MHz channel is selected in the interface. 

Options
2022-11-21 06:17:46

@johnsnow88 

they don't conflict. you can modify the channel width and channel at the same time. when changing the channel width your channel may vary because the channel width determines the number of channels. 

larger number of the channel does not conflict your channel width. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options