EAP235-Wall and mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP235-Wall and mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP235-Wall and mesh
EAP235-Wall and mesh
2022-11-29 11:23:56
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.01

Hi all

I bought a EAP 235 Wall cause I was in need of a POE in and a POE out

Too bad, on the website the description wasn't correct and it was suppose to be mesh compatible

Now it's too late for me to change it for an EAP225-Wall

Any plan for this device to become mesh compatible with a firmware upgrade ?

Thanks

Kind regards

WFXX

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP235-Wall and mesh
2022-11-29 23:32:38

@WFXX 

Hey

I cant see this device being mentioned as Mesh Compatible on the website at all, perhaps im missing it somewhere..  either way its unlikely these wall devices will get mesh due to the design of their application.

These APs are designed for a single room like a dorm or hotel room and therefore not shared over multiple location, and likely cabled in.  Therefore there is no requirement for Mesh to be on these devices.

To the best of my knowledge none of the wall versions support mesh

Options
2022-12-01 14:34:39

@Philbert Thanks for your answer

I should have double check with official website but at that time, I hadn't this in mind

Oh good point, I'm new to the TP-Link products, didn't realize that for the same name es "EAP225", wall version isn't mesh

But now I get it, make sense

Thanks again

Regards

WFX

Options
2022-12-01 17:08:18

@WFXX You can do mesh with the device you have purchased, as long as you have a hardware controller (OC 200 or OC 300) or run an Omada SDN software in a computer in your network (and keep it on 24x7)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 3

Related Articles