Omada Controller Overview - devices check alert symbol

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-30 23:02:00
Tags: #Controller Overview
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.6.1 Build 20220921 Rel.35903

Hi, I'm new to all this, only been in the Omada family for a couple of weeks.

My setup: I have an OC200 controller fed from a TL-SG2210P v5.0 8-port PoE Switch, with 100/18 MBps internet from an ER605(UN) Vers2.0 Omada Multi-WAN Router (Also have a 50/10 MBps failover ethernet-connected 4G LTE device on the WAN/LAN port).  My WiFi is via an Omada  EAP620 HD AX1800 ceiling AP, PoE fed from the TL-SG2210P switch. My WiFi6 is extended outdoors via an unmanaged RE505X WiFi6 Repeater from my old domestic setup, but the repeater's OneMesh isn't compatible with the Omada Mesh, disappointingly. I'm accessing the OC200 locally on my LAN from a fixed IP address via a Windows 11 PC. It's a fairly simple system, for home use where I have 30-40 client devices connected; about half on WiFi, the rest via the switch and a couple of legacy unmanaged TP-Link TL-SG108E(UN) switches . All softwares and firmwares are up to date AFAIK.

I have the system up and running mostly happily, and really impressed with Omada, but it was a steep learning curve. Anyway...

The small problem I have is in the controller overview screen where the Devices icon shows an orange exclamation alert in a circle, presumable indicating a problem. Mousing over the symbol shows the Gateway Capacity, Switch Capacity, and EAP Capacity, everything is working fine but on others' youtubes I've seen they don't have this alert at all. See the screen snip where I've circled this in red.

I've searched in here and googled elsewhere, and duckduckgone too but I can't find out what's going on. Was wondering if anyone in here can lend an insight? I'd be really grateful.

Thanks and all that!

Paul

Paul
Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Controller Overview - devices check alert symbol
2022-12-01 20:47:06

@paulrob 

Hey

Yeah all my sites have this yellow exclaimation and none of them have any issues.   I think its either one of two things..

1.  A bug in the controller software that is showing the warning

2. Its stating that the capacity of the controller is OK (you can add 9 more switches, routers etc..)  but why then isnt this GREEN as its 1/10 for most? 

Either way i wouldnt worry about it..

@Fae   you know what this yellow warning is indicating?

Options
2022-12-02 08:54:48

@paulrob 

It is recommended to go to the Device List to see if there are any clients that show Disconnected.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-12-04 21:07:20

@Virgo 

Virgo wrote

@paulrob 

It is recommended to go to the Device List to see if there are any clients that show Disconnected.

Thanks for the suggestion, however the Device List shows all three in green as "connected", and all their firmware is up to date.

Paul
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 547

Replies: 3

Tags

Controller Overview