iPhone 13 iOS16 vs EAP225-Outdoor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-03 01:18:20
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.8

Hello all.  I have a fairly simple set up that had worked flawlessly until a recent iOS upgrade on my iPhone 13 introduced connectivity problems.  Here's the situation:

iPhone 13, iOS 16.1.1

Omada Controller V 5.6.4

OC200 V1

F/W 1.20.1 Build 20220921 Rel.35880

Access Points:

EAP615-Wall(US)           v1.0     F/W 1.1.0  Phone connects & works fine

EAP610(EU)                   v1.0     F/W 1.0.4  Phone connects & works fine

EAP225-Outdoor(US)     v1.0     F/W 5.0.9  Phone connects & works fine  (Office AP)

EAP225-Outdoor(EU)     v3.0   F/W 5.0.8  Phone can see SSID, cannot connect  (Workshop AP, mesh connected to Office AP)

Only my iPhone fails to connect to the Workshop AP; all other devices including iPad running iPadOS 16.1.1, Android phones, Sonos speakers, Google Nests. Kasa Smart Lamps and Wi-Fi security cameras all connect, so I'm confident it's more an issue for the phone rather than the AP.  However given iPhones are fairly common I'm hoping someone has experienced something similar and has constructed a fix I can try.  The phone is managed so I can't immediately update to a newer OS version, but will do so as soon as I'm permitted.

I'm running multiple SSIDs & subnets for various reasons, all of which were in place prior to the iPhone connectivity issue (phone was connecting, fault has only appeared once the phone migrated to iOS 16).  All other devices are working fine; stable connectivity.  The mesh connection between the Office AP and Workshop AP is quite reasonable (-52dBm, 866Mbps).  All APs are scheduled to reboot daily.  Controller & AP firm ware are the most recent available, as far as I can tell.  I do have a second EAP225-Outdoor(EU) (identical to the Workshop AP) as a spare and it suffers the same fate with the iPhone.

Summary: my iPhone 13 iOS 16.1.1 can see all the SSIDs from the Workshop AP but cannot connect.  All other necessary devices that need to connect to this AP can & do.

Any ideas?  I've burnt time trying to solve this myself - I'm hoping the TP-Link community is smarter than me.

Regards

AW.

Options
3 Reply
Re:iPhone 13 iOS16 vs EAP225-Outdoor
2022-12-05 06:35:39

@AngryWombat 

Could that be a wireless channel issue?

You may try to disable 2.4Ghz on SSIDs, or just create a new test SSID but 5Ghz only, to see if that is the issue.

Also wireless security mode could be the issue, disable WPA3 if possible.

Options
2022-12-05 07:45:40
Somnus, I'll have a look at that - I've read stories that mention problems with multi-band, mult-ssid etc. Having said that, I've also read some horror stories about problems with iOS 16, specifically Wi-Fi problems. I'll investigate now and see what happens. Regards, AW
Options
2022-12-05 07:45:42
Somnus, I'll have a look at that - I've read stories that mention problems with multi-band, mult-ssid etc. Having said that, I've also read some horror stories about problems with iOS 16, specifically Wi-Fi problems. I'll investigate now and see what happens. Regards, AW
Options