T1600G-52PS cannot access internet from VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-07 04:53:17
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V3

I am trying to setup a VLAN for my NVR, but I cannot get access to the internet from my VLAN.

For testing purposes I am using a raspberry Pi.  

I have plugged in the raspberry Pi to port 26, and my router is connected on port 2.

My router cannot setup VLANS, so I setup a DHCP pool on my T1600G for VLAN 20. 

In the DHCP pool settings I excluded all address from 192.168.0.0-255 since my router supplies those. 

I get a .20 IP assigned to my raspberry pi on port 26.

My raspberry Pi can ping my T1600G switch on it's static IP of 192.168.0.5.  But I cannot ping my gateway at 192.168.0.1 nor access the internet from the raspberry pi.

My VLAN setup is all untagged ports.

VLAN 20 consists of Port 2 (attached to my router) and Port 26 (attached to my test device). 

VLAN 1 has all the ports on the switch.

All of the ports are PVID = 1, except Port 26 is PVID = 20.

If I connect my laptop to any port other than port 26 I can access the internet and ping other devices on my network, but I cannot ping the raspberry Pi on port 26.

Any thoughts?  I've read a ton of forums and it seems this should be pretty simple, but I'm stuck.  I tried making some ACL rules, but those are not working so I excluded them from the conversation, but perhaps I do need something like that and am not doing it properly?  

Below is a screenshot of my routing in case that helps.

Thank you all for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:T1600G-52PS cannot access internet from VLAN
2022-12-09 04:21:24

@fishdude 

If you have multi-nets, you need to configure static routing on main router. Also the router must support multi-net NAT.

Check the example:

How to build up a multi-nets network via Multi-Nets NAT feature on TP-Link router with L2+/L3 switches

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 225

Replies: 1

Related Articles