OC200 Gateway Forgets Everything. USB Backup only with PoE Power?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-27 19:05:16
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.7.6 2.7.7 Build 20221206 Rel.58608

A Starlink fed site with OC200, ER7206 and 6 AP's experiences lots of power outages.  Yeah, site needs a UPS... cause the Starlink has a reset mode that can be triggered by a certain on-off sequence...   that aside...   Recently, the OC200 did a factory reset on it's own.  One day, it is missing from Omada Cloud.  Poof!  Had to scan the OC200 QR code anew and rebuild it.  Happily, OC200 found all the AP's "Managed by Others" and was able to re-adopt all with the username and password.  Generally, Omada is a smooth and easy to maintain platform.  

The take-away is to be proactive with auto-backup, so I installed a USB thumb drive... only 64 Mb formatted as FAT32.  How much data is supposed to go on this anyway?  What is a recommended size?  If only for configuration?  

One puzzling issue is:  Auto Backup is available only when it is powered by a PoE device and a storage device is connected to its USB port.

All the AP's come with their own PoE injector, so I found it easy to power the OC200 through it's mini-USB connector.  We all have lots of 5V at 1A or more phone chargers lying around.  OC200 works fine on it.  But the USB storage is not available (greyed out) unless I power OC200 by PoE.   Any technical reason for this?  Amount of power required to write to the USB?  PoE would have 15W available...  a 5V at 2A is only 10W?  I'm guessing, please explain.  

Thanks! 

RF Dude

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 245

Replies: 0