ER605 Omada VPN Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 Omada VPN Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER605 Omada VPN Issues
ER605 Omada VPN Issues
2022-12-30 02:41:38
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel.76748

Cannot get VPN to work on Omada with ER605.  If I setup PPP, I can connect but never reconnect until I adjust the session limit of the VPN user.  L2TP and OpenVPN setups do not respond at all.  I receive ICMP errors in a wireshark on the initial connection.  IP Pool for these vpns are separate than the DHCP pool for the LAN.  Also if I switch back to stand alone mode all VPN configurations work.  I have had multiple cases that never were resolve I have one now but wondering if anyone has seen this and resolved it.  I have seen a similar post from - https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/513088

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 Omada VPN Issues
2022-12-30 08:57:47

@rickestrick 

May I know the version of your controller?

Can the tunnel establish when you set the L2TP/OpenVPN?

All settings are the same as the standalone mode, but can not work on the controller?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-12-31 03:07:58

@Virgo 

Controller Version is 5.4.6

All settings are the same on stand alone mode as controller.  Only thing I can even get remotely working is PPTP and only allows one connection, won't allow a reconnect until I modify the value of the VPN user.  Doesn't matter what I change it to, as long as I change it to something else it allows me to connect with PPTP.  L2TP and OpenVPN both never connect.

Options
2023-01-09 09:00:49

@rickestrick 

If the WAN IP of ER605 is not a public IP, OpenVPN won't work correctly by default config file, you need to modify the OpenVPN config file and change the IP to the correct one.

Options