Votes

DDNS Service FreeDNS such as afraid org

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-31 08:49:29
Tags: #FreeDNS
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

A while ago I asked for implemtation of additional DDNS Services such as FreeDNS (afraid dot org) into the ER7206 Omada Router.

Please let me know about the status. Sorry for opening a new thread, the old one was locked for additional comments...

May be there is a workaround to use FreeDNS. If somebody could comment I would really appreciate.

Options
4 Reply
RE:DDNS Service FreeDNS such as afraid org
2023-03-20 18:21:32
i too would like to see additional DDNS options
Options
Re:DDNS Service FreeDNS such as afraid org
2023-03-20 18:27:22 - last edited 2023-03-20 18:28:01

I, too, would like to see additional DDNS options available.  I personally use DuckDNS-org.

A custom DDNS option would be great, where the gateway can be configured to GET/POST to a URL 

Heres what I would envision custom DNS input screen to look like:

Service: [Custom DNS]

------

Method: [GET/POST]

URL: [https://some-dns-com/update_ip?ip={ipaddress}&token=abcdef01234567890abcdef0123456789]

(Note use "{ipaddress}" to send current ip address)

Frequency: [Hourly/Daily]

Send request when WAN interface restores: [  ] Yes

----------

Note that most of the Custom DDNS websites allow for auto detection of WAN IP by getting the incoming IP address during the ip address update, or you can specify directly.

Options
2023-03-23 01:02:27

@TheDilettante 

The latest firmwares do have a custom DDNS option...but I am still waiting for it to land on the ER605v1.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-03-27 15:26:52

There's another suggestion with more votes for arbitrary DDNS services that you should probably go vote for.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 739

Replies: 4

Voters 1

Tags

FreeDNS