Device List under "Maps" is empty.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-08 16:58:26
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.7.7

I am new to Omada. In setting up a new system, I wanted to have a site map with the general locations of the devices. Under the "Maps" >"Topology". I can see all the devices. Under "Maps" > "Map" > "Device List"  I get "No entry in table". Looking at the manual for the OC200 the pages don't mention how to populate the Device List. The pages in the manual I found don't event match what I have. How do I populate the Device List under Maps? Is there a link somewhere to a more updated manual? 

Thanks for any help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Device List under "Maps" is empty.
2023-01-08 19:58:15

@AstronomyGuy 

The Map is for simulating the signal strength of Omada EAPs.  Have you APs in your setup?    None of the Routers or Switches appear in the map, its now totally WiFi signal only

Options
2023-01-09 01:26:31

@AstronomyGuy 

Thanks. I did have one AP in the current configuration. Right now i am just in the testing and initial configuration. once deployed at the site it will have 5 to start off. So it must need 2 or more to get the list populated.  Thanks again.

Options
2023-01-09 06:12:38

@AstronomyGuy After you have added a Map (use a image file to show your floor plan with known lengths, and use the scale tool on upload to scale the map), use the Edit button to the upper right of the map.  In Edit mode, you can add real and virtual APs to the map, and you can add wall representations for the simulation to effect signal strength.  When you enter Edit mode, there should be a flyout menu from the left of the map, with drag and drop APs and walls.

Options
2023-01-09 17:11:15

@JoeSea Thanks! That did what I wanted. The virtual devices really help plan out placement for the outdoor devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 4