Routed multicast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Routed multicast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Routed multicast
Routed multicast
2023-01-11 18:40:30
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20221106 Rel.81436

Hello,

I have an ER7212PC and it works properly except for the IPTV part. My IPTV provider requires routed multicast but where can I indicate that? I don't see this option anywhere. Someone who has an idea?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Routed multicast
2023-01-13 05:45:51

BasBosman wrote

Hello,

I have an ER7212PC and it works properly except for the IPTV part. My IPTV provider requires routed multicast but where can I indicate that? I don't see this option anywhere. Someone who has an idea?

Dear  @BasBosman 

It's under Settings->Service->IPTV

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-01-13 09:37:23

@Hank21 

Whats the difference between v2 en v3?

Options
2023-01-13 09:42:29

@Hank21 This are my settings but there is no connection

Options
2023-02-01 09:19:38

@BasBosman  When you say there is no connection, you mean the connection between who and who? Your PC/TV connected to LAN2?

Options
2023-04-03 08:17:57

@BasBosman 

Hi Bas,

Looking at your screenname I believe you are Dutch ;)

If you have KPN or Solcon, it is currently impossible to get IPTV working on a Omada-only setup.

The routers and controllers now support DHCP Option 60 IPTV_RG (which is needed for KPN Routed IP TV) but only to its internal network.

For Routed IPTV to work the ER7212PC works as a DHCP-client and needs to send Option 60 to its WAN-port to receive the Multicast IP-address from the IPTV-platform and put in the routing table.

There is a "fix", place a TL-SG105E (needs to support IGMP-snooping) and connect it directly into your ISP's line, if you have fiber from KPN connect it to the mediaconverter.

• To keep it simple - connect it into port 5 with all VLANs (Internet, IPTV & VoIP)
  • Connect port 1 to the ER7212PC - and tag only the internet VLAN
  • Connect port 2 to the router from your ISP - and tag both VoIP & IPTV VLAN
  • From your ISP-router you can connect the STB(s)

If you have any questions (and you are indeed Dutch or Belgian) feel free to contact our B2B-support desk @ presalessupport.nl@tp-link.com

Michiel

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 738

Replies: 5