Force one VLAN to use a VPN connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-16 13:57:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.0

Hi,

I have a ER605 and 5 AP running various SSIDs. The ER605 is connected via my ISP, but I have also created a PPTP connection to a server in another country. I want all the clients on one of the SSIDs to connect to the internet only via this VPN connection.

I have already created a VLAN for this SSID, but I dont know how to force all clients on this SSID to go through the VPN connection. Any idea?

Thanks and regards,

Max

Options
2 Reply
Re:Force one VLAN to use a VPN connection
2023-01-18 06:28:21

@MaxDen 

You can set several VLAN Interfaces for different SSIDs, and you can choose the specific VLAN Interface when you set the VPN, check this:

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Force one VLAN to use a VPN connection
2023-01-18 07:27:25

@Virgo Thanks!

So I spent quite some time on it yesterday and finally got it to work! The issue was actually that my PPTP connection was not working, although it was showing in the VPN status. Still not sure what was wrong with it, but I created an OpenVPN one instead and it works fine! Speed is about half of what I was getting from PPTP (granted, not from when it was connected via the ER605 as that never worked), but it's still useable if I go for UDP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 300

Replies: 2