Wireless Settings - OFDMA, Airtime Fairness and Zero Wait DFS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-20 14:14:43 - last edited 2023-01-21 15:59:50
Tags: #OFDMA, Airtime Fairness
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220316 rel.35540(5553)

Hi...

When launched my router's configuration for the first time I leave everything in default configuration, changing only 5Ghz Channel Width to 160mhz too. It was enough to gain good performance.

However, In the Box of product we can see the advertising about OFDMA and Airtime Fairness. I'd like to know if I should let them Enabled or Disabled. What's the gains and what's the losses?

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wireless Settings - OFDMA and Airtime Fairness
2023-01-20 14:34:17 - last edited 2023-01-20 14:49:46

@ddlnegocios 

Read through this story for airtime fairness.

Here's a description of TWT.

Here's a description of OFDMA.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-01-21 15:51:54

@terziyski

Good explanations. Thanks.

However, if these configurations are so good for improve wireless performance, why aren't they enabled by default? That's the big question.

Options
2023-01-21 16:01:14
Any topic explaining what's 'Zero Wait DFS'? Thanks
Options
2023-01-21 17:06:30 - last edited 2023-01-21 17:22:26

@ddlnegocios 

Zero-wait DFS is a mechanism to eliminate the wait associated with being booted from one DFS channel and finding another to connect with. In security access points, an extra hardware scanning radio interface can scan DFS channels and create a radar-free DFS channel list. When radar is detected on the current DFS channel, the access point can switch immediately to another DFS channel from the list without having to undergo the channel availability check (CAC) wait time. Because a list of available channels has already been compiled, the switch can happen instantly.

Some of the features like OFDMA in some router models are enabled by default and there is no dedicated switch for that (like it's in your case).

Airtime Fairness and TWT may not be needed in some particular cases and possibility to control these features is a good option.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4173

Replies: 4

Tags

OFDMA, Airtime Fairness
Related Articles