ER-605 firewall and multiple VLANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-24 09:16:39
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My current local network consists of:

• IPv4&IPv6 normal network with full access to internet. Some MACs are declined to get IPv6 address.
  • IPv4-only IoT network with no access to Internet, limited access to couple of IPs in normal network
  • IPv4-only guest network
  • Non-firewalled internet

This is handled with multiple VLANs, which are then mapped to SSIDs in EAP access points. Current router is very capable of handling multiple VLANs, port forwarding rules (only IPv4) and firewall rules (both IPv4 and IPv6) between these. Network has Omada-controlled switches, they utilize VLANs to give out certain networks to certain ports.

Can ER-605 (or any other Omada controlled router) handle multiple VLANs so, that they are configured through Omada system?

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER-605 firewall and multiple VLANs
2023-01-25 12:05:47

@KTuulos 

Yes ER605 is suitable to create multi VLANs and can do access control between them.

However I'm not using IPv6 so I don't know if it work for pure IPv6 devices.

The router has some basic firewall functions but if you want, you can disable them manually.

Options