Broadcast Message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Broadcast Message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Broadcast Message
Broadcast Message
2023-01-27 12:36:53
Model: EAP225-Outdoor   General Product  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.9

Hi...

I am using a few EAP225's to provide wifi to family and neighbours - I have the Omada Controller running on a pc.

I use a switch to connect the aps to an TPLink Archer C7 router.

I also use that router for CCTV but nothing else.

Is there some way I can broadcast a simple message to all the connected clients ?

e.g. Happy New Year everyone !

I'm thinking of using omething like PuTTY ...  to connect and do it ... not worried about security as it's just me.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Broadcast Message
2023-01-29 17:29:24

@Bebe1980 

This is not really something that is done at a network level, its more an admin task if honest.

You would need to send a few messages, one for each type of device you have on there.   For example Windows devices, use NET SEND and compose a message that way.

IOS and Android will be more difficult, you would need to look at APNS and Google Cloud Services to accomplish that.   

Ultimately, its not something that can be done at the network level, its a layer 7 app command.

Options
2023-01-30 11:37:15

@Philbert 

Thanks

Seems "net send" went out with windows [ark] xp :)

The alternate for the likes of Windows 10 appears to be msg.exe 

Options
2023-01-30 18:39:12

@Bebe1980 

LOL..  Showing my age now!

If you have an MDM in place then this would be an option for you, that is how we send our broadcast messages.. rare as it is

Options
2023-01-31 12:44:07

@Philbert 

I'm sure you're younger than me :)

I won't do it often so I'll just do it twice - they imply Google services does it but that doesn't seem to work on my phone so I'll look for an app.

Options
2023-02-02 03:39:09

@Bebe1980 

Build a simple 'click through' portal splash page with your message?  enable it day of, then disable it.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-02 04:42:22

@d0ugmac1 

Thanks ... yes I could do something like that yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 6

Related Articles