Official Release ER605 V2_2.1.1 Official Firmware (Released on Jan 30th, 2023)
This Article Applies to:
ER605 v2 / v2.6_2.1.1_Build 20230115
- Fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller v5.8
1. Add support GRE function in Standalone mode.
2. Add stateful ACL.
3. Add mDNS Repeater.
4. Add support for setting port speed and duplex mode in Controller mode.
5. Add support for setting port mirroring in Controller mode.
6. Optimized the logic of judging Me in ACL. If you need to use ACL to restrict the connection to VPN client, please select Me in Destination. Please note that if Me is included before the upgrade, the client may not be able to access the Web UI after the upgrade.
7. Add support for displaying the Source IP address of large Ping attack packets.
8. Add Non-Address mode for IPv6.
9. Optimized the DNS settings on the WAN side, the WAN side cannot set the DNS Server of the same network segment as the LAN.
10. Add IP-MAC binding in Controller mode.
11. Add One-to-One NAT in Controller mode.
12. DHCP Server's DNS support for adding network addresses.
13. Add "Certificate + Account" mode for OpenVPN.
14. Add support to customize DNS server for VPN servers in Controller mode.
15. Add "Custom IP" type for Local Networks in Controller mode.
16. Add "IP Address Range" type to VPN IP Pool in Controller mode.
17. Add support for custom Local IP Address for L2TP/PPTP VPN Users in Controller mode.
18. Add RIP and OSPF dynamic routing function in Standalone mode.
19. Add support for CLI configuration in Standalone mode.
20. Add the function of USB port storage in Standalone mode. It is used to backup the configuration and log of the device.
21. Add Reboot Schedule in Standalone mode.
22. Add DHCPv6 PD Server in Standalone mode.
23. Add support for DHCP Option field.
Option 2: Time Offset
Option 42: NTP Server Network Boot,
Option 67: TFTP Server
Option 252: WPAD URL
DHCP Options Customization
24. Add MRU Configuration for PPPoE.
25. Add Full mode for OpenVPN.
26. Add IPsec Failover function.
27. Add SHA2-384 and SHA2-512 for IPsec.
28. Add WireGuard VPN. Check the FAQ-3559 for configuration guide.
29. Add import DHCP Reservation Entry and export to IP-MAC Binding Entry.
30. Add Keywords mode for URL Filtering in Controller mode.
31. Add modification to port PVID in Controller mode.
32. Add Bonjour Service, Service, and Client Network options for mDNS.
33. Add Quality of Service function.
34. Add DDNS Customization.
35. Add DNS Proxy, with DNSSEC, DoH, and DoT supported.
36. Add LDAP Authentication for PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN and Web Authentication. Web Authentication only support in Standalone mode.
37. Add Bridge VLAN: you can bind multiple VLANs with one LAN interface.
38. Add VoIP data only goes from a certain WAN port, and that WAN port only allows VoIP to pass through.
1. Fix the bug that DHCP address reservation does not take effect.
2. Fix the bug that DHCP Server cannot assign an IP address.
3. Fix the bug that when an IPsec VPN tunnel is established, connections unrelated to the tunnel are deleted.
4. Fix the bug that shield! Up port scan security risks.
5. Fix the bug that after UPNP is enabled, the Loopback function does not take effect.
6. Fix the bug that the device reported abnormal information to the controller.
7. Fix the bug that failed to connect to Server as L2TP Client for the second time.
8. Fix the bug that IKEv2 IPsec VPN, device as responder side does not clear the old SA.
9. Fix the bug that Controller adoption failure or circular adoption.
10. Fix the bug that Policy Routing would affect Port Forwarding.
11. Fix the ACL related issues.
12. Fix the bug that abnormal port forwarding after WAN up.
13. Fix the bug of loop adoption in 5.7controller or below. Mentioned Here.
Note: the firmware is applied to ER605 V2 and V2.60.
Download From TP-Link Global "EN" Website:
> Notes <
(1) The official firmware is normally released to the Cloud ahead of the official website or the forum as it doesn't require further manual editing. Generally speaking, the official firmware will be pushed to the Cloud first, then the TP-Link global "EN" website, this global "EN" forum, and later the TP-Link local websites. In rare occasions, the new release will be published to the global "EN" website ahead of the Cloud, which will be annouced in the global "EN" forum, like this one.
(2) The firmware upgrades for the wired products including Omada Controller, Router and Switch are universal, so you can download the firmware files from the global "EN" website or this forum to enjoy the new release. For wireless products such as Omada EAP, due to the limitation of local wireless laws and regulations, the firmware may be divided into different versions such as EU/US/CA/... , it's suggested to upgrade firmware from the local TP-Link official website accordingly.
(3) At present, only the new firmware release for the Omada Controller and Router will be continuously updated in this global "EN" forum. To get notified with the new release of Omada Controller, welcome to subscribe to topic 245226. To get notified with the new release of Omada Routers, welcome to subscribe to Topic 255644. For other product lines, please check for updates via the Cloud or from the TP-Link official websites.
Any further feedback on the new firmware, please feel free to start a new thread from HERE.
To get better assistance, you may check Tips For Efficiently Reporting an Issue In The Community.
When reporting an issue, especially it's about firmware upgrade, it's suggested to include the following info:
-- Management mode (Controller or Standalone)
-- Device Model(s) and Hardware
-- Device Firmware (previous and current)
Thank you in advance for your great cooperation and support. See you in the forums soon!