ER605 Repeating Event Notifications On Omada App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-04 07:53:25 - last edited 2023-02-21 11:26:08
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.1

Come on TP-Link, we are getting slammed here. I own a small Technology Company and we deploy the ER605 in tons of residential homes and after upgrading the ER605 V2.0 to firmware version 2.1.1 I have tons of clients that keep getting repeating event notifications on their phones since they are signed in to the Omada App. It is driving people crazy and I am having to instruct tons of clients to sign out of the App so they don't get notifications. 

The notification is the constant event of "**** Gateway on ***** Controller is connected" as seen here: 

For what it is worth, we have a lot of the ER605 V1.0 with firmware version 1.1.1 in the field as well and we are not seeing the issue on it. 

I have also tried to disable the notification alert under Log/Notifications/Device/Device Connected and disabled the Event, but all this does is keep it from being displayed on the web login of the controller or the online portal, but it still triggers the alert on the phones if clients are signed in to the App and phones are buzzing and going off about every 30 mins to an hour.

We are also seeing the repeating alert of the "Large Ping attack" across all of the ER605's and I have traced down numerous IPs and inspected the devices and no such ping attack is originating from the device. 

We need these bugs fixed, especially the "Gateway Connected" event that is blowing up anyone's phone that is signed in to the Omada App. Super frustrating... 

Bugs like this will drive us away from using TP-Link products if deploying them is just going to create nightmares for us. 

Please push out another update ASAP with fixes.. 

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 Repeating Event Notifications On Omada App-Solution
2023-02-21 11:26:04 - last edited 2023-02-21 11:26:08

Dear @LHTUS,

I'd like to update the post with a solution here.

TP-Link has provide a Beta firmware to fix the issue urgently, please check the following post for details.

Solution to Repeating Notification of "[Gateway] was connected" Issue on ER605 V2 2.1.2

You may take your time to upgrade the beta firmware and confirm the issue you encountered has been resolved.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 Repeating Event Notifications On Omada App
2023-02-06 10:11:08

Dear @LHTUS 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. 

The ticket ID is TKID230209947, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:ER605 Repeating Event Notifications On Omada App-Solution
2023-02-21 11:26:04 - last edited 2023-02-21 11:26:08

Dear @LHTUS,

I'd like to update the post with a solution here.

TP-Link has provide a Beta firmware to fix the issue urgently, please check the following post for details.

Solution to Repeating Notification of "[Gateway] was connected" Issue on ER605 V2 2.1.2

You may take your time to upgrade the beta firmware and confirm the issue you encountered has been resolved.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 Repeating Event Notifications On Omada App
2023-05-08 11:22:19

@LHTUS  I hope this works. I also use Omada for all my customers. Ive really been put off with this and the AP not working with POE on some switches. These are silly bugs and it seems TP Link doesn't care when we tell them about it. I still have 2 EAP653 that I cant use. Bought them over a year ago. This Router connected / Disconnected notification is driving me crazy also

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 807

Replies: 3

Related Articles