L2TP VPN is dead for android. Whats next? Cant get IKEv2/IPSec PSK working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-04 19:45:31
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.7.6

Google killed L2TP with Android 13.

Now i have tried everything to get IKEv2/IPSecPSK to work but i allways got an error when i try to connect from android. What to do?

Options
4 Reply
Re:L2TP VPN is dead for android. Whats next? Cant get IKEv2/IPSec PSK working
2023-02-05 19:00:51

@satelite 

I'm not running Android 13 yet, but I am running an Android OpenVPN client on my Samsung smartphone.  Performance is about the same as L2TP/IPsec from what I can see.  Is that an option for you?  It's certainly supported by Omada in the client-server mode and the latest versions of controller/firmware support full OpenVPN operation.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-05 22:38:40

@d0ugmac1 

I dont like Openvpn. It needs file from server everytime when new connection is maded between server and client. I like that more where i just need to type all information to client to make vpn connection work.

I travel a lot so getting file is a problem from server side when i want to make new vpn connection.

L2TP was easy becouse it needed only typing settings to client and connection was working after that.

Options
2023-02-06 01:08:04

@satelite 

The .OVPN configuration file doesn't change.  Keep a local copy on a USB drive or store it in the cloud somewhere (gmail, Dropbox, etc)   You are protected as you still need a valid username and password. You could further protect by encrypting the file in a .zip or .7z archive.

Also, if you cloud connect your controller you can always log in via a web browser and re download the current .ovpn file on demand.

Yes it is different, but I think you are just avoiding a perfectly valid option.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-06 04:09:59 - last edited 2023-02-06 04:10:58

Dear @satelite,

satelite wrote

Now i have tried everything to get IKEv2/IPSecPSK to work but i allways got an error when i try to connect from android. What to do?

Please kindly note that currently only ER8411 v1 and ER605 v2 support IKEv2, if you're using other omada routers, you may need to wait for the future firmware updates to get IKEv2 to work, or use OpenVPN instead as a temporary solution.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3613

Replies: 4