How can I find the IP address of each LAN Port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-06 07:05:42 - last edited 2023-03-15 20:41:22
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

Hi

Looking at the web admin portal, and I can see I have several physical LAN cables connected to the router, with the devices operating.

Basic Tab

Network Map Section

Above I can see I have devices connected to LAN ports 2, 4 etc - and I can see the speed tey are operating at - but which devices are they ?

How can I what is connected to each LAN port without following all the cables around the house ?

If I cant see the name of the device connected to each LAN port in the back of the router via the web interface, then how can I tell the IP address assigned to each LAN port (then I can look up the IP address in my list of connected devices in the  Advanced tab, Network - DHCP Server Section, and then find the device name myself).

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How can I find the IP address of each LAN Port-Solution
2023-02-07 07:21:13 - last edited 2023-03-15 20:41:22

@marcusob 

There might be no place to show you what is the device connected to the LAN4 ports, but you can check if you can find it out like below:

Option 1: Go to Advanced > Status, then look for Wired Clients, there will show you the IP address and MAC of that specific device that is connected to the LAN port. Then you can verify what are they by comparing with the devices' MAC and IP addresses on the devices themselves. For example, for a Windows computer, you can verify its MAC and IP by going to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > right-click on Ethernet > Status > Details.

Option 2: Go to Advanced > Network > DHCP server > DHCP Client List. But this may only show you all the client devices that are using an automatic IP address, it will not show you those with a static IP address.

Option 3: Go to Advanced > Security > IP & MAC Binding, there you will find a ARP List, you can also verify if there are those devices that connect to the router LAN with the MAC addresses.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How can I find the IP address of each LAN Port-Solution
2023-02-07 07:21:13 - last edited 2023-03-15 20:41:22

@marcusob 

There might be no place to show you what is the device connected to the LAN4 ports, but you can check if you can find it out like below:

Option 1: Go to Advanced > Status, then look for Wired Clients, there will show you the IP address and MAC of that specific device that is connected to the LAN port. Then you can verify what are they by comparing with the devices' MAC and IP addresses on the devices themselves. For example, for a Windows computer, you can verify its MAC and IP by going to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > right-click on Ethernet > Status > Details.

Option 2: Go to Advanced > Network > DHCP server > DHCP Client List. But this may only show you all the client devices that are using an automatic IP address, it will not show you those with a static IP address.

Option 3: Go to Advanced > Security > IP & MAC Binding, there you will find a ARP List, you can also verify if there are those devices that connect to the router LAN with the MAC addresses.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How can I find the IP address of each LAN Port
2023-03-15 20:41:33

@Liverpool20 Thanks for the advice.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1894

Replies: 2

Related Articles