ER605 Ports closing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 Ports closing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER605 Ports closing
ER605 Ports closing
2023-02-16 09:52:34 - last edited 2023-02-16 11:36:27
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Hi all,

Recently upgraded from a Draytek to ER605 router for multi-wan.

My homelab setup worked perfectly fine with the Draytek and nothing else in my setup has changed other than upgrading the Draytek to the ER605.

However, I've noticed lately that where I've got a couple of ports open for my homelab, those ports seemingly close at random and all attached services stop responding. 

The unit was upgraded to 2.1.1 on purchasing and upgraded yesterday to 2.1.2 and still facing the same issue.

Even checking the ports from an external service shows they are closed, checking a short while later shows they're open. 

This is being achieved using the virtual servers options.

I've completely ruled out ISP as I have a public IP and am bridged straight through to the modem and likewise it was working before the upgrade to the ER605.

It's been suggested to factory reset the device which I'd be happy to do once to test but beyond that it's being boxed and returned.

Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 Ports closing
2023-02-16 15:50:58

Using an external provider to ping my dynamic dns provider, there's a weird issue where it's dropping out for 30 minutes, and then returning for 30 minutes or so. 

There's certainly a repeatable pattern here.

Options
2023-02-17 01:24:54

@dazmatic 

have you manually rebooted the device? 

i saw a dude get it working again by rebooting it manually. after the upgrade, always recommend you do a manual reboot after it stablizes.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-02-17 03:02:02

Dear @dazmatic,

The issue you reported is unusual. To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230228250, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 507

Replies: 3

Related Articles