URL filtering?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

URL filtering?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
URL filtering?
URL filtering?
2023-02-18 20:54:32
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I can't for the life of me find where to access URL filtering in the router settings... I see older routers have this ability under 'Security > Access Control" however this router only shows a blacklist / whitelist there for entire devices. Don't tell me this feature is hidden behind the a 'smarthome' paywall or some other nonsense?

Thanks

Sean

Options
2 Reply
Re:URL filtering?
2023-02-20 07:57:40

@Seanpatrick 

Hi,

You can use their HomeShield Parental Controls to add those websites manually that you don't want to be visited.

This is the guide for setting up the HomeShield Parental Controls on the Archer AXE75.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:URL filtering?
2023-02-21 04:50:29 - last edited 2023-02-21 04:52:07

@Liverpool20 

Thanks for your response. I've already set up parental filtering, having had to create an account to log in to the app and then call myself 'dad' to filter out the domains I don't want (mostly advertising). Honestly this is such a PIA in comparison to just blocking the specific URLs on the hardware, that I can only assume that TP link is forcing their users to sacrifice usability in favour of driving traffic to their app in hopes people will pay for a subscription.

Pretty terrible implementation too - the parental controls set to block those domains randomly blocked me completely from using the device at all earlier today. There was no timer or routine set to do so. I guess I'll see if I can live with it for the next couple of weeks, if not - back to Amazon she goes. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 249

Replies: 2

Related Articles