Omada Reboots all my devices even though the schedule was deleted.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-19 06:18:27 - last edited 2023-02-28 06:37:40
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.8.4

Hello, 

Omada seems to have a setting cached that automatically reboots my router, AP, and switch on Sunday at 1:00 AM. 

It does this every week, even with the old firmware of omada of 5.7. I deleted any reboot schedule and still, my devices get rebooted every sunday at 1:00am.

There is no other setting that would cause this to happen. I remember accidently setting up a reboot schedule at 1:00 AM on sunday and deleting it, and yet it is still occurring.  

The internet goes down for a few minutes, and in my event notification it always starts with "The LAN IP address/mask of AP were changed to 10.x.x.x/255.255.255.0."

I do not want to reset my omada controller and lose my settings, that is unacceptable. This has been happening for at least over a month, so no backup for before this period. 

Can you please let me know how I can log in via terminal/ssh and delete any cached reboot schedules. This is a huge problem. Very annoying. 

Options
13 Reply
Re:Omada Reboots all my devices even though the schedule was deleted.
2023-02-19 17:49:47

@Domada 

Hi, have you tried to 'Force Provision' the devices that are being affected by the phantom reboot setting to see if that clears it?

I haven't tried it to confirm, but if the above doesn't work then as a last resort you can also manual factory default the hardware using the reset button (but keep the controller settings as-is), and when it comes back online and gets re-adopted and re-provisioned, the controller should push a clean config back out to it.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-20 06:39:55

Dear @Domada,

Please allow me to confirm the following points here.

1. Do you mean you notice that your Omada router, AP and switch are rebooted at 1:00 AM is based on the notification event saying "The LAN IP address/mask of AP were changed to 10.x.x.x/255.255.255.0."?

2. Are there any other event log saying that reboot schedule was executed at 1:00 AM? Generally speaking, if the reboots are caused by the reboot schedule cache, there should be a reboot schedule event log appeared in your logs.

3. Is the issue steadily reproduced and only reproduced on Sunday at 1:00 AM?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-20 15:47:57

@d0ugmac1 

Thank you. How do I force provision a device if it is already connected and automatically gets adopted? 

I will try the reset, although I already believe I did it before, but will confirm if it worked this Sunday. 

Options
2023-02-20 15:50:57

Hello @Fae 

1. I watch my router, switch and access point turn off and turn back on exactly at 1:00 AM, I see it getting restarted. 

2. That is the first event log I see, then I see logs for the switch, router, and access point coming back up, and clients reconnecitng, I do not see any event log related to a reboot. 

3. It is occuring now for over a month. I remember first setting the reboot schedule for 1:00AM Sunday accidently and then removing it, and then it started happening. I also remember when the software controller upgraded last week.. all of a sudden the same reboot schedule that I removed a while ago appeared for Sunday at 1:00 AM which I know was deleted before, I removed the magically appearing schedule thinking it would fix the problem, but every sunday at 1:00AM I watch the devices again restart, and internet goes out for 3-5 minutes before everything is back up. 

Options
2023-02-20 18:00:22

@Domada 

Use the Controller->Device screen.  Select each device in turn, and then from the tab that opens on the right of the screen, select Config from the tabs across the top of that.  Scroll down to the Manage section and expand.  You will find the 'Force Provision' in there, which I think is probably the equivalent of a Forget+Adopt but without losing the device custom config.

If that doesn't fix the issue, then there's something funky going on with the controller config.  And if restoring a backup of your controller to a freshly reset one doesn't fix it, then you will likely need to just default the controller and rebuild your network configs from scratch...but that's ugly. I hope that @Fae and other can help you determine whether or not you have a stuck setting that the Omada GUI cannot reset.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-24 13:01:40

Dear @Domada

Do you have any progress of this issue?

If so, please feel free to share with us in this post.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-25 15:48:46

Hello  @Hank21 I have to wait until Sunday at 1:00AM to know if it works or not. 

I followed the instructions that @d0ugmac1 provided and force provisioned my devices - of course I also created a backup and restored it, so I will find out tomorrow. 

But I am hoping to know if @Fae or anybody knows how to SSH to the controller and find cached reboot schedules on the CLI level? 

thanks. 

Options
2023-02-26 18:38:50 - last edited 2023-02-26 18:39:36

Hello all, still having the same problem. 

Does anybody have any idea what is going on here? Still having everything reboot at 1:00 AM on a weekly basis on sunday. Is there any SSH command or CLI command where I can see if there is a cached service that is doing this in the controller? @Fae @Hank21 

Options
2023-02-27 08:19:24

Hello @Domada 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230246036, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-14 15:04:36

@Fae; @Domada 

I'm tailgating on this topic because I have the same problem with uncommanded reboots after a schedule change.

Equipment(firmware):

OC200(1.21.7), TL-R605(1.2.1), 2x EAP225(5.0.5), TL-SG2008(3.0.7), T1500G-8T(2.0.6) all powered by a Backbone T1600G-28PS(3.0.6).

1. Original schedule had a Backbone reboot 0445 on Tuesdays, non-Backbone 0445 on Thursdays.

2. I edited the schedules to have Backbone reboot 0330 Wednesdays, non-Backbone reboot 0345 on Wednesdays.

3. Tuesday and Thursday reboots still happened. I know this because my QNAP NAS notification center still reports loss of internet connectivity 0445 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and my Omada dashboard Client Activities field shows number of connections drops to zero at 0445 to 0455 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

4. I deleted the original schedules from Sections 1 and 2, then made new schedules with the same configurations as Section 2.

5. Uncommanded reboots as in Section 3 are still happening.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1209

Replies: 13