Where is the erase icon to remove logs???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-20 03:02:37
Tags: #Logs
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Has anyone noticed that the erase button is not in the log section?  I am getting alarms that my log is maxed out and I have over 10K in log entries but I cannot find the button that used to do an erase all.  

I thought it was under logs but not sure now where it is.  

I am using the OC-200 with ER605, EAP225's and TL 8 and 10 port switch in my network.  

Driving me bonkers trying to find it so I can get rid of the 10K+ entries. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Where is the erase icon to remove logs???
2023-02-20 07:36:35

@Fleegle61 

LOL - I had the same issue and was wondering for a while why noone is coming up with this question.

My workaround:

In my iOS Omada App which connects to my controller through the cloud - there is a delete button.

And those deletions are being written back to my controller.

Naughty, but works.

Cheers.

Options
2023-02-20 14:08:14

@Hoamboy thanks for the work around...I have Droid so I was able to find the trash icon and it appears to have deleted some but not all logs.  When I go back to the controller website it still shows 4k+ in the logs.  I know about the bug with the date range so I made sure that I went back as far as I could.  I have 11 pages of logs that I cant delete

@Fae is there something in development to resolve the log issues?  The controller website no longer as the trash icon for us to remove all logs.  If you use the phone app, it somewhat works.  It would make more sense to either have a rolling log that will overwrite at a certain point or be able to increase the logfile size.  

Options
2023-02-21 12:14:51

@Fleegle61 

What is the version of your controller?

If it is V5.7, take a look: What Is Going On About the Broom Icon On the Controller?

(Having recently discovered the treasure section in this community, hidden deepwink)

If yours is V5.8, and you have a plenty of logs need be cleared, you can go to Global----Settings----Controller Settings, choose One Month in the Log box.

Check it tomorrow, you will see a large part of logs has been deleted, and check the left small part manually will be more easier.

Mark: The principle likes below:

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-02-22 00:15:28

@Virgo I am running 5.7 on the OC200 since they have not yet released the 5.8 for the hardware controller. 

Let me take a look to see what can be done.  I did use the trash icon on the phone app and it seemed like it did something but not 100%.  

Options
2023-02-22 07:39:02

Dear @Fleegle61,

For your information, the OC200/OC300 will directly get a firmware release for Controller 5.9 soon to add all new features supported in Omada Software Controller v5.8 and v5.9. You may subscribe to this post for a notification of the new release.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-22 11:49:52

@Fae appreciate the quick response!  I was wondering why us OC200 folks had not yet seen a 5.8 upgrade.  Looking forward to release 5.9

Options