ER605 USB Modem settings page broken

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 USB Modem settings page broken

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:ER605 USB Modem settings page broken
2023-02-24 16:15:01

@Psquared 

I think you have two immediate options at this point in time:

1. Backup up your config and then rollback your firmware version.  If settings don't remain, or you cannot apply your backup file, rebuild router config. Test.

2. Install software controller somewhere (laptop, vm, docker, etc).  Rebuild your network config in the Controller, then adopt the router and verify that it works as intended.

FWIW, #2 isn't as much work as you might think, it's more work getting the controller installed than building most typical network configs.

I am curious though, can you not set up your dongle on a computer and then just insert insert it into the TPlink router?  I mean, if you can't set the APN using the router, then it may be that you can't change/break it either :)

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-25 10:10:39

@d0ugmac1 

Option 1: Looking at the huge list of bugs fixed in the recent firmware, I think rolling back is a no go.

Option 2: Moving to the Omada controller is possible I guess, but its not clear to me whether editing via the browser interface is still an option after doing this..or is it a choice of one or the other?

As far as the dongle its self goes, I have used it in a PC and it works fine, but as soon as I move it to the router it fails to connect to the network. At the moment I have a VDSL line I can use as a backup, but I need to resolve the issue before the lease on that ends in 6 weeks time. 

Options
2023-02-25 12:40:14

@Psquared 

For the controller vs standalone it is one or the other (at a time).  But you can always switch back and forth, you just reset the router and apply the standalone backup file or re-adopt via the controller.  5 minutes to go either way.

If you haven't already shared with support, you should probably identify the USB dongle model and firmware (I still think it's the router, but it could be some weird corner case of router+dongle).

FWIW I'm still limping along on the 1.2.1 firmware on my ER605v1's (so no jumbo, no Wireguard, etc.) and I am still able to do useful things on the internet :)

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-03-22 12:59:58 - last edited 2023-03-22 13:17:40

@Psquared I am having the same issue with my ER605 v2.6.

My site is in Brazil and my 4g operator is Vivo, but it always come back to Argentina.

The problem is that when I send the command to connect the USB modem, the ER605 cut all the internet to my devices.

When I click disconnect in the USB modem page, everything start to work again.

So with this problem I can use the Link Backup on my ER605.

Options
2023-08-31 15:15:11

@Psquared Same problem here - ER605 v2, firmware 2.1.2 - web GUI is refreshing USB modem always back to "Argentina". I have changed to manually but no luck as well - after save it is going back to "Argentina" setup even in manual option.

I have installed 2.1.4 Beta version which caused a kind of disaster (you mach check in my another post). Rolled back to 2.1.2 and will wait to "stable" release.

I did remind myself I used this feature with no problem about a year ago - but that time I've used stand-alone controller (software in docker). Cant find what version of Omada it was as I have re-used this SBC for another purpose.

P.

Options
2023-09-01 07:48:33

Hi @pkordolian 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I tested it on 2.1.4 beta and I don't run into this issue.

Without any USB modem plugged in, I can switch to a different Country without any issue. It can save successfully.

Can you try it without a USB modem? Does it work properly?

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-09-03 14:27:33

Hi  @Clive_A ! Thank you for your reply.

No, I've done my upgrade on "live environment" therefore I have no much time to test different scenarios. I've moved (again) to Omada controller (installed locally) and there were no issues with USB network settings. I'll go back to web interface of ER605 as soon as new firmware will be available as "stable". Omada controller is a kind of overkill for my settings since I can control only ER605 from there - the rest of my network (also TP-Link) is not discovered (ie TL-SG1016DE switches).

Best regards P.

Options
Related Articles